1 day ago
Job Purpose: Responsible for the day-today delivery, management, and monitoring of waste services to a standard consistent with the agreed level of service in a compliant, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner. Provide effective leadership and direction of resources. Monitoring of performance against set work books, targets, quality standards, and statutory requirements and provision of reports relating to waste matters.
· Oversee waste management schemes, such as at landfill sites
· Supervise the transportation of waste to ensure that it takes place efficiently without contaminating air, land, or
· Drive the development, promotion, and implementation of new waste disposal schemes
· Ensure compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling, and disposal of waste
· Formulate and control budgets for waste disposal
· Collate statistics and compile reports often to strict deadlines
· Monitor the quality and performance of waste services, including contract management of external providers
· Assist with the development of information and promotional materials
· Aim to meet waste reduction and recycling targets
· Deal with enquiries and complaints from members of the public both in person and by phone or email
· Consult with the client representatives about waste management issues, identify their requirements and provide
· Develop research projects and contribute to the activities of the client initiatives concerned with waste disposal
Health & Safety
· To ensure the prompt reporting to the Contract Manager & QHSE, of any building engineering or equipment defect
that could give rise to safety hazards
· Maintain documentary evidence to support individual's capabilities, both for new and existing staff that is reflected in
the allocation of duties, to ensure individuals can perform tasks without risk to themselves or others.
· Initiate risk assessment and as a result develop, implement and monitor safe systems of work.
· Review, audit and monitor all health & safety arrangements within areas of responsibility.
· To ensure the delivery of effective performance management such that staff competencies are maintained and
developed in line with the operational requirement, absence levels are managed appropriately, recognition is
provided and discipline is maintained in line with our corporate values.
· Take personal responsibility for decisions and achieving results, act with integrity and commitment, and take
ownership of own professional development.
· Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, ensure data quality and take ownership of
management information. Establish effective communication channels with key stakeholders.
· Plan and manage budgets and resources to meet demand of the operation and the planned contract financial result.
· Substantial experience and proven track record of Facilities Management or Operational Management across a
number of sites varying in size and use.
· Significant experience in leading and managing staff
· Significant experience in service development and change.
· Numerate and IT literate to interpret/present data using a variety of system applications, such as CAFM, Microsoft
Office and Facilities specific.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Able to work alone, use initiative and make decisions.