about 1 month ago
Supervision of the operation, maintenance and repair of all critical environment systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems.
Adherence to all quality, health and safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain.
Coordinate and supervise on-going scheduled and break-fix maintenance, PPM's, training and activities within the Apple data centre. Schedule and coordinate full overview of all Engineering team activities and prioritize these activities.
Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the engineering domain. Review subcontractor method statements and risk assessments to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures.
Fully conversant with the Apple and Supplier Emergency Response Plan and EOPs.
Be a point of contact for the Engineering Shift team if and when the shift team require assistance in ensuring that the NOC is monitored and manned at all times and that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Qualified to Degree Level in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years direct industry experience or a minimum of 10 years' experience at Electrician or Electrical Technician level in a critical environment combined with supervisory experience. Preference is given to data centre, hospital, pharmaceutical production or power plant experience.
- Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills. Previous experience of supervising highly qualified Technicians and reporting to peers and senior managers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours if necessary to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry. 4.
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC's), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Experience of medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment. 7.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.). Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- The Technical Manager reports to The Critical Facility Manager (CFM). He/she will work closely with the CFM for the planning and delivery of daily operations. He/she is responsible for the supervision of the Engineering day team & Shift technician's onsite.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.