1 day ago
· To ensure that consumables items such as toilet paper, tooth brushes, bedding and clothing are received, stored and distributed correctly and the stores areas are maintained to the highest standard at all times, in line with legislation, company and contractual standards.
· To provide an effective and efficient administration service to the stores department.
Receive, record and store items accurately in line with legislation and company systems and procedures enabling items to be accessed and a correct stock inventory to be maintained.
Assist in ensuring that day to day stock control takes place so that appropriate stock levels are maintained.
Operate a computer based stock control system so that correct data is recorded in a timely fashion and is available as required.
Distribute stock items to the required location so that items are available for timely use.
Document accurately all work carried out in accordance with the company systems and procedures.
Dispose of damaged stock appropriately so that health and safety requirements are met.
Provide comprehensive support to the stores department ensuring that work is completed accurately, effectively and efficiently so that the stores runs smoothly at all times.
Produce and distribute, as required, documents and information in a timely manner consistent with company standards of efficiency and accuracy.
Deal with routine queries ensuring an appropriate response is provided promptly.
Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms, documentation and as required order equipment and materials ensuring it is available when required.
Support the wider FM and administrative team, undertaking duties as required, to assist in the smooth running of the Centre.
We're looking for people to create a brand new team based at our new Immigration Removal Centre (IRC), as part of our newly acquired contract. Individuals will have experience in relating to people that may be agitated or confused by their circumstances and are able to interact and assist potentially vulnerable individuals whilst in our care. Empathy and resilience are key attributes for this role.
You will be passionate about delivering a great service in a sensitive manner, along with good communication skills and a team player. The ability to remain calm under pressure and experience in problem solving would also be advantageous to developing your career within Care and Custody., · Experience in administration and manual and/or computerised stock control systems is desirable.
· Please see below for the Care + Custody competencies and MITIE values and behaviours that are important for this role.
Detainee Care and Management
· Interacts with detainees easily, quickly building rapport but maintaining professional distance
· Treats detainees with respect as individuals and encourages detainees to do the same to others
· Shows empathy and compassion
· Is observant
· Produces high quality, accurate work to timescale
· Follows and understands Care & Custody standards and procedures
· Clearly understands consequences of not achieving standards
· Records and checks information and documentation accurately
· Maintains concentration and focus on task/job in hand
· Actively seeks ways to make improvements
· Accepts responsibility for own actions
· Works effectively with others
· Shares information and experience
· Does his/her fair share
· Supports colleagues
· Builds positive lasting working relationships
· Supports team members and team decisions
· Accepts help and support
· Is confident, clear, accurate and to the point when sharing/giving information
· Maintains eye contact when communicating
· Asks questions and probes to gain relevant information
· Summarises key relevant points
· Seeks clarification when necessary
· Listens to and carefully reads instructions and information
· Is discreet and maintains confidentiality of information
· Is polite and tactful
· Checks theirs and others understanding
· Adjusts language to the demands of the situation
· Uses non-verbal communication constructively and effectively, · Is organised and structured in approach
· Prioritises and manages own time effectively
· Organises and plans own workload
· Completes tasks on time, meets deadlines
· Is open to change and is flexible
· Is willing to try out different ideas, solutions, technologies and working practices/methods
· Adapts to changing requirements and priorities
· Quickly picks up new ideas and ways of working
· Supports and assists with implementation of new ideas
· Maintains effectiveness during rapidly changing situations or priorities
· Makes suggestions to improve practices, systems and procedures at work
· Questions existing methods constructively with the aim of improving service delivery
· Picks up problems, takes the initiative and deals with them without unnecessarily passing upwards
· Consistently delivers what is required to deadline
· Recognises importance of meeting objectives
· Bounces back after setbacks
· Keeps difficulties in perspective
· Accepts challenging work
· Seeks feedback on performance and constructively accepts it
· Evaluates own performance
· Accepts responsibility for own development
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
· Adhere to agreed outreach methods and risk assessment to ensure own personal safety dealing with service users
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
Mitie, Care & Custody are delighted to announce the opening of the 2nd only female Short Stay Immigration Removal Centre in the UK.
Our philosophy at Mitie is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development, and career opportunities for the people we employ. We support our people every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.