Service Reliability Engineer Manager
|Job Title:||Service Reliability Engineer Manager|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2021 11:54|
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionised entire industries! It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering team is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores service millions of customers and are an industry leader in Retail. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? If so, this may be the job for you., Apple is looking for a talented, proactive and results-oriented SRE Manager to work collaboratively in managing our regional Team based in London, they will need to partner with other team members across the world and business stakeholders to design and develop SRE solutions in a large scale environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of top notch software engineers from related but different backgrounds to make a product truly innovative. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be hands-on, proactive, good at problem solving and have a strong desire to learn and work towards excellence.
- Lead and/or participate in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications
- Coordinate development efforts of vendors, contractors, and shared service groups
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies within Apple
- As a SRE engineer you will be responsible for shepherding applications though the software delivery life cycle:
- Drive available and scalability of POS application
- You will be responsible for to partner with other teams to architect systems for high availability and scalability.
- Setup and analyse application health metrics and provide solutions to ensure stability
- Deploying code from Development into Production
- Incident handling, management and trending This SRE candidate takes pride in crafting solutions to enhance product delivery by architecting and leading distributed compute platforms and application services. This engineer needs work closely with cross-functional teams to identify the issue, design and implement the proper solution, and work with the engineering team to properly test and deploy changes. Critical thinking, writing solid and clean code, planning, documenting and communicating within the team and cross-functionally is critical to the success of the role.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation
- Demonstrated ability to understand programs using a high-level programming language like: Java and SQL
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems, BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred, *
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
Closing date for applications Friday 19th February 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's