North Weald Bassett
about 1 month ago
Experience as a supervisor is desirable and you must be able to communicate effectively at all levels. The successful candidate must be confident when dealing with members of the public and able to react to any situation that may arise.
You will need to demonstrate trustworthiness, attentiveness and always be approachable when welcoming clients.
You must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
Report to the Senior Security Marshal - you must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
Some roles require monitoring of heavy goods vehicle, entry, parking and exit site within a set time, when site reaches its capacity threshold or limit,
Full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied including weather protection and in line with current government recommendation in relation to COVID-19.
Uniform will be provided
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Note: This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
You will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
Be able to work on own initiative.
Similar Security experience desirable.
Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
Ability to go above and beyond to support the client.
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Security Guarding License essential.
First aid and fire awareness trained desirable.
Spill Kit and Hazchem trained desirable.
Banksman and Lantra trained desirable.
CTC screened desirable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., Mitie has a great opportunity for Security Officers to join our business at a really exciting time. You will be based at one of our prestigious corporate customer sites.