Primary Driver 1G
|Job Title:||Primary Driver 1G|
|Contact Name:||Bethan Phillips|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2021 13:38|
Primary Driver 1G
Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
Primary Driver LGV1
- To be responsible for the delivery of products to Hovis sites and to other third party customers as required
- To work in a professional manner at all times and be polite, courteous and well presented when dealing with customers
- To work within a team in a way which supports the Company’s ethos on safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Ensure products are delivered to customers safely and of the quality expected
- Follow safe systems of work
- Comply with all legislative requirements including Working Time directive, pre-use inspections and defect reporting
Desired Skills and Experience
LGV Cat C+E (LGV Class 1) Licence
- Knowledge and experience of short shelf life products and daily delivery operations
- Experience of shift working
- Excellent communication skills
Please note, we are planning to hold an assessment centre day for the above position for the successful applicants
Applicants must be available to attend one of these dates.
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.