1 day ago
Monitoring of clubs outside of school hours internally and externally (Saturday - Sunday) This will then change to working on a 4 day rota (Monday - Sunday) in the future.
· Provide routine housekeeping duties and/or janitorial tasks to support the effective operations of the schools, e.g. washing low level windows, low level maintenance (i.e. fixing a door handle), etc.
· Maintenance of daily staff attendance records and signing in books.
· To take responsibility for the coordination of the janitorial services ensuring they meet the operational and contract requirements.
· To liaise with the helpdesk ensuring that events/tasks are dealt with in accordance with the Contract Agreement.
· To undertake reactive and planned maintenance tasks, as well as monitoring of Contractors when dealing with their assigned tasks and providing escort duties when and where required.
· Carry out appropriate reporting activities to ensure that the Senior Janitor can carry out their own tasks and meet contract/regional reporting requirements.
· Carry out regular service inspections reporting the results to the Facilities Manager and act upon, to ensure corrective actions are undertaken timeously.
· React to all duties as directed by the site Caretaker.
· Transporting materials and equipment throughout the building; ensuing that these are delivered in good time, stored appropriately and in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Preparing rooms and halls for a range of uses, including setting out, removal and storage of furniture and equipment, erecting and dismantling stages, platforms, etc. All of this in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Ensure correct operation of the heating, plant and lighting facilities. Checking for their efficiency with regards to energy conservation and correct usage and monitoring fuel stocks and ordering supplies as necessary to ensure that adequate fuel is available at all times. Ensuring that internal and external areas are adequately lit including replacing lighting materials and fuses where possible in accordance with established guidelines. Making sure that all unnecessary lighting is extinguished when the building is closed.
· Monitoring the condition of heating plant, notifying the Caretaker of the need to effect repairs and undertaking routine maintenance. Keeping the boiler-house clear at all times and undertaking frost protection measures as necessary.
· Ensure correct health and safety practices are applied appropriately and in accordance with training given.
· Undertake on-call duties, responding to emergency call-outs in accordance with established procedures, including attending at the location, contacting the appropriate authorities, inspecting for damage and theft, effecting temporary repairs and, where necessary, liaising with contractors/emergency services on site.
· Minor grounds maintenance duties including weeding and ensuring that litter is cleared regularly from all external surfaces within the boundaries of the site, including all weather surfaces and soft playing areas.
In the event of snow and frost, the cleaning of pedestrian access routes within the schools precincts
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.