about 10 hours ago
Job objectives and responsibilities
· To deliver an effective handyman service including small building fabric works, painting and installing/repairing fixtures
· To undertake planned, reactive and emergency work in accordance with schedules and relevant standards to ensure that all buildings and facilities are maintained appropriately
· To support the Facilities Management team in carrying out other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor
Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance in accordance with contractual obligations.
Carry our minor works including painting, repairing building fabric (such as walls and doors) and installing new fixtures (such as noticeboards and furniture).
Comply with company safe systems of work which follow statutory obligations and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) requirements.
Comply with timescales in accordance with contractual obligations for the rectification of damage and defects.
Update the company maintenance management system on completion of works.
Complete all appropriate documentation ensuring it is accurate, complete, current and accessible.
Work with sub contractors ensuring legislative, company and contractual standards are adhered to.
Maintain tools and equipment, so that they remain serviceable and ready to use, ensuring no time delay in achieving standards required.
Use, handle, transport and store equipment and materials securely and correctly at all times to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Undertake emergency out of hours call outs as required to maintain the centre facilities.
Notify relevant staff of stock levels so that the availability of materials is maintained.
Undertake all notifications of change to the establishment ensuring compliance with the relevant standards.
We're looking for people to create a brand new team based at our new Immigration Removal Centre (IRC), as part of our newly acquired contract. Individuals will have experience in relating to people that may be agitated or confused by their circumstances and are able to interact and assist potentially vulnerable individuals whilst in our care. Empathy and resilience are key attributes for this role.
You will be passionate about delivering a great service in a sensitive manner, along with good communication skills and a team player. The ability to remain calm under pressure and experience in problem solving would also be advantageous to developing your career within Care and Custody., Essential:
· Previous relevant experience of handyman duties within a large complex environment
· Previous relevant experience of using Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) systems
· Level 2 Accrediation or Qualification or higher in an appropriate practical field: e.g. CSE - grade 1, GCSE - grades 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 or grades A*, A, B, C, intermediate apprenticeship, Level 2 awards, certificates, diplomas, O-Levels A, B or C or an NVQ Level 2
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
· Adhere to agreed outreach methods and risk assessment to ensure own personal safety dealing with service users
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
Mitie, Care & Custody are delighted to announce the opening of the 2nd only female Short Stay Immigration Removal Centre in the UK.
Our philosophy at Mitie is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development, and career opportunities for the people we employ. We support our people every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.