1 day ago
Objective: The Financial Accountant is a key role in supporting the Technical Services divisions delivery of accurate and timely financial results. The role reports into the Deputy Financial Controller and is key in the promotion and operation of an appropriate control environment throughout the division and requires extensive interaction with the wider Group., · Supporting the Deputy Financial Controller with reporting and controls for Central cost centres including Procurement and Property.
· Preparation of Technical Services Central balance sheet including responsibility for action log.
· Responsible for the timely reconciliation and cleardown of the Multi Allocation Supplier account for both Oracle and SAP entities.
· Responsible for Central balance sheet reporting in Blackline ensuring reconciliations are complete, timely and of high quality for review.
· Responsible for maintaining strong Intercompany transaction controls ensuring balances are agreed and recharged appropriately and ownership of accruals reconciliations.
· Supporting the Deputy Financial Controller with regular divisional reviews of all aspects of accounting across Technical Services.
· Key liaison with all outsourced transactional functions including recommendation and implementation of improved controls and outputs.
· Supporting with the delivery of the annual audit including management of PBC items and evidence support across the wider Technical Services teams.
· Supporting with the successful delivery of the ForteSAP programme including data cleanse workstreams and with the centralisation of appropriate financial processes and controls post implementation.
Ad-hoc projects and analysis as required.
Knowledge & experience
· Newly qualified or finalist professional accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
· Demonstrable experience of financial accounting and control experience within a complex division or company.
· Good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word essential.
· Strong knowledge of Oracle and SAP; knowledge of TM1, HFM and Blackline is also desirable.
· Proven ability to identify and drive process improvements.
· Proven ability to understand complex financial data and present data & analysis in a clear and concise format.
· Highly numerate, with a strong financial accounting and financial control skill-set.
· High level of integrity and a pro-active, independent and structured way of working.
· A challenging and enquiring mind, comfortable working in a dynamic environment and thrives in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
· Confident communicator who is able to reach out to relevant personnel across the business to find answers and influence outcomes.
· Committed to getting the job done, with a right first time approach.
· Collaborative and able to work well as part of a team.
Our vision and values are built on the simple premise of 'The exceptional, every day'- our overarching commitment to both our customers and our colleagues. Our values set out how we all should behave at Mitie, what we should expect from our colleagues and what our customers can expect from us;
We are one Mitie
Our diversity makes us stronger
We are built on integrity and trust
Our customers' business, is our business
We go the extra mile, The Technical Services division is the largest division in Mitie Group plc which generated c.£950m in revenues in FY20 (45% of the Group's revenue). Technical Services operates as the lead client biller for the group's services so the majority of the group's revenue flows through the division.