Employability Assistant - Thames Valley, Remote working initially thereafter flexible
|Job Title:||Employability Assistant - Thames Valley, Remote working initially thereafter flexible|
|Start Date:||May 2021|
|Contact Name:||CJ Allison|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2021 14:27|
Role: Employability Assistant (Thames Valley)
Part-Time: 16 hours per week (flexible)
Salary: £18.50 per hour (would consider freelance)
- Employability Programme Background
Resume Foundation has been delivering Employability Programmes in North Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Thames Valley since June 2020 and is looking to recruit a new part-time Assistant to help with delivery in the Thames Valley area.
As demand for the support amongst unemployed people is on the rise, we would like the position to commence by mid May. This role will require sensitivity and confidentiality as it involves working with minority groups and individuals and handling their data appropriately.
The role would report to the National Programmes Manager, CJ Allison, and any questions relating to this should be sent to email@example.com
We have other funding applications pending, which could involve negotiation to extend this role beyond 16 hours per week in due course.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter, showing your eligibility for this role, direct to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 23rd April. We anticipate that interviews will take place online towards the end of April/early May.
- Role Description
Weekly tasks will include a mixture of the following:
- Regular meetings with the National Programmes Manager to discuss development and delivery of the programme.
- One-to-one job coaching (online or face-to-face) including confidence building, skills assessment, CV writing, understanding job applications and interview preparation work (with potential to include small group delivery).
- Liaise with, and help develop, our network of referral partners.
- Work within the team to promote the Employability Programme using different social media platforms.
- Monitor feedback from programme participants to help in the development and provide case studies for funders.
- Help develop new learning materials and resources.
- Assist in producing short reports on the programme.
- Undertaking relevant training (GDPR, Safeguarding, Prevent).
- Attending staff meetings.
- Any other reasonable duties identified as the role develops.
The successful candidate will:
- Be motivated and passionate about helping others.
- Demonstrate an inclusive attitude towards team members and candidates.
- Have some experience in programme delivery and supporting unemployed candidates.
- Know how to use office IT systems, based on Microsoft products.
- Be confident in online engagement and able to use Teams/Zoom.
- Be accurate in reviewing and assessing information.
- Be prepared to undergo in-the-job training.
- Be experienced in report writing.
- Have experience of using different social media platforms and understand the importance of ‘appropriate use’.
- Accept confidentiality and sensitivity in handling client data.
- Understand and contribute to the work of Resume Foundation.
- Be able to develop and identify areas of improvement to our processes.
- Time Requirement
The position would be available to start from May 2021 and would be line managed by CJ Allison. We would be willing to discuss the possibility of a freelance worker for those who are self-employed.
- Related Activities
The role will link to the overall work undertaken within Resume Foundation.