CAD - RF Simulation/Helic/EMX
|Job Title:||CAD - RF Simulation/Helic/EMX|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2021 11:53|
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, great and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and improve design and simulation flows and methodologies for inductance synthesis, extraction, modeling, and Electro Magnetic (EM) simulations for Analog and RF designs. The role requires the candidate to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for different tool sets. As a part of our small CAD team, you will be collaborating with the Analog/RF circuit designers, layout team, package, technology team, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing, validating, and bringing up EM methodologies and flows, improving RF solutions and analyze results.,
- Develop and support automated RFIC CAD flows and scripts - Integrate EM solutions into mainstream RF design flows. - Internal design customer support and enablement.
- Deep understanding of Analog/RF simulation, extraction solvers with emphasis on electromagnetic algorithms and solutions.
* + Proficient in CAD flow development, efficient programming skills in languages like: Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, SKILL, C/C++, etc.
* + Ability to provide automation for rapid and dynamic needs from transistor level, chip, package, and board designs.
* + Working experience in RF design beyond graduate school studies and exposure to the industry.
* + Strong fundamentals in 2D/3D EM simulation tools.
* + Practical usages of one of the following tools: HFSS, Clarity, Helic/VeloceRF, EMX, Lorenz Solution - PeakView, Q3D, VRF, Momentum, ADS or other EM solvers.
* + Hands-on experience with the evaluation of EM simulation related CAD tool/product application, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
* + Familiarity with the fundamentals of signal and power integrity issues preferred.
* + Experience with Physical verifications tools for LVS and ERC checks is an advantage, including exposure to DRC rule checks to spot RF/EM issues.
* + Knowledge on circuit design, Virtuoso framework, extraction tools, and SPICE simulations is a plus.
* + Knowledge in revision control Perforce and/or regressions is preferred
* + Candidate should be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.,
- Master or Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's