8 days ago
Job objectives and responsibilities To ensure that a professional service is consistently delivered to our Customers, focussing on the key issues which support the day to day operations and individual Site Supervisors and Area Director. Development of the account, by forging strong relationships with the clients to facilitate future success and the continued growth of the account. To manage the account to achieve business targets through financial control and to ensure that all business processes are conducted in accordance with Company policies and procedures, in a way that protects and enhances the image and reputation of Mitie.
· To ensure the achievement of turnover, profit and cash in line with forecast for the account.
· To work closely with the Area Director and Business Development to ensure the achievement of growth targets and the successful on-boarding of new business.
· To ensure that suitable controls are in place so that the overall payroll costs are well controlled and within budgets.
· To provide accurate and timely reports as necessary ensuring regular customer reviews are carried out with the client and to provide regular consolidated management information to the Customer on SLAs and account performance.
· To take a lead on the improvement programmes within the account to ensure activity is planned, tracked and reported.
· To ensure that high quality, value for money services are delivered to each Site customer through the site management teams.
· To ensure payroll accuracy is maintained and to ensure payroll costs are well controlled and are within budget.
· To regularly review the costing operation of the contract with the Area Director to ensure that the most effective service methods and manning levels are operated.
· To raise/authorise purchase requisitions and manage order receipt using the procurement system/s.
· To ensure materials spend is tracked and monitored.
· To identify and take corrective actions on variations to budgeted hours to ensure labour productivity standards are achieved.
· To provide accurate information to the Area Director when required, meeting deadlines, targets and objectives which are set.
· To develop an environment of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
· To develop and implement account plans that clearly establish review processes, key operational and commercial targets that are agreed with each customer.
· To lead and/or participate in cross business projects and assignments as may be required.
· To identify and respond flexibly to changing trends in the market so as to remain competitive and safeguard the long term viability of the business., · To ensure the effective recruitment, performance reviews and development of all managers, operatives and teams within the account and to establish succession plans for all key positions.
· To take a lead in personal continuing professional development
· Provide support, guidance and mentoring to individuals.
WORK WITH OTHERS
· To maintain regular contact with customers and deal with any issues efficiently and in a professional manger, giving support and guidance to resolve issues.
· To work co-operatively with other business sectors and support functions within Interserve to promote and facilitate the achievement of company and corporate objectives.
· To develop and maintain good working relationships with key clients.
· Take the time to actively listen to colleagues' views and experiences, encourage the sharing of best practice, and feedback as necessary.
· To provide motivation, leadership and direction to ensure the achievement of targets.
· Regularly recognise hard work and achievement of colleagues in challenging periods for the team.
· Work closely with the Area Director to ensure site management are accountable for high standards of operational excellence.
· Adapts interpersonal style to suit each situation and contributes to creating a highly motivated and empowered workforce.
· Remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
· To take a lead in own development and seek feedback from colleagues on your personal development areas.
· Clean, fresh and professional appearance.
· Emotional resilience., Person Specification
· Good understanding of Health & Safety, preferably with minimum of IOSH Managing Safely.
· Numerate with a clear ability to evaluate data, identify trends and produce appropriate action plans to rectify problems.
· Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and logically both in writing and verbally.
· Technical knowledge of hard/technical services, Statutory compliance and associated CAFM systems.
· Knowledge/Experience of working with Hard Services and subcontractors in the FM industry.
· Knowledge/Experience of working within a Intergrated/Total Facilities Management environment
· Desirable to have working experience in the Manufacturing Industry or similar environment
· Up to date and aware of current industry best practice and innovations.
· Flexible approach - ability to work variable hours to meet the needs of the account.
· Ability to identify sales opportunities and develop them where applicable.
· Capable of problem solving with the ability to find a solution and implement.
· Experience of successfully managing a large team of people with the ability to motivate, unite and direct towards Company objectives.
· Ability to assess performance of subordinates & implement training/coaching actions.
· Demonstrates a strong service orientation and awareness of the importance of delivery high standards of customer service.
· Capable of monitoring and adhering to budget and targets and ensuring optimum resources available within the budget.
· Assertive style when dealing with Clients and staff.
· Personal presentation to a high standard at all times.
· Driving License.
· Demonstrable track record in delivering improved business performance.
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.