about 22 hours ago
Reporting to the Service Desk Supervisor the Workforce Planner is responsible for the ownership and accountability regarding the allocation of engineering work. In addition the job incumbent is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all forecasting and resourcing plans for their allocation area/region/zone.
· Responsible for assigning MITIE direct labour within assigned region/ area
· Monitor the queue and priorities of jobs coming through
· Allocate jobs based on priority on daily basis to the Engineers
· Highlighting opportunities for improvement through understanding of underlying patterns, trends and causes
· Timely re-evaluation of resource demand based on changing inputs (i.e. Priority level) or trends and recommending/implementing appropriate action
· Production of daily, weekly and monthly plans as directed by the Senior Planner
· On a daily basis (by 4pm) allocate engineers jobs for the next day to include both PPM and Reactive Tasks
· Liaise with key stakeholders (Triage Specialist) to promote understanding or factors impacting successful planning
· Work with Triage team to ensure assignment of correct skill-set and develop knowledge base based on Triage outcome
· Work with Asset Manager to ensure weekly draw-down of PPM tasks from master 52-week planner
· Contact Engineers regarding emergency and urgent jobs
· Escalate non-standard or queries to the Triage team
· Knowledge of SLA's and KPI's in line with the contract
· Required to fulfil operational KPI's as indicated on the balance scorecard.
Any other task requested by the service desk manager / supervisor,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Note This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Skills and Behaviours
Pro-active and Flexible thinker who is able to quickly adapt to changes in volume, patterns and priority levels
Analytical and logical with the ability to apply creative solutions to resource constraints
Demonstrable commercial focus and business acumen in recommendations and decision making
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Excellent verbal reasoning skills.
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.