26027, 2382 - BS7671
1 day ago
Holds accountability for the HWIP Install Service line at IBM Warwick to include and front facing services at other IBM facilities including health and safety matters. Provides personal leadership and effective management of a wide range of activities to achieve HWIP SLA. Ensures improvements are identified, achieved, and maintained, and a proper balance is achieved between responding to client requests and maintaining DCS high standards, · Develop / demonstrate an understanding of the Data Centre Critical Services Install, test and commission all electrical final circuits
· Assist in the planning and control of installation projects
· Produce and work to approved Electrical Risk Assessments for all installation activities
· Manage and operate to client Change Control processes for all works within designated Critical areas
· Report all Significant Events to the Critical Services teams
· Adhere to all Environmental, Health & Safety requirements Control and supervision of sub-contractors as required
· Ability to provide hands-on support and provide / facilitate cover for colleagues in order to maintain business as usual during periods of absence
· Support Critical Services and Technical Services maintenance operations when required
· Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the Critical Services process and become a Category A approved Electrician
· Team Collection of data for the Preparation of Load Management Reports of Data Centre Electrical Infrastructure Collect and prepare information in support of the Significant Event Reporting system
· Responsible for maintaining and reviewing stock levels for consumables and spare / replacement parts
· Complete Weekly Timesheets to record all Work Order start and finish times
· Support any other reasonable requests to meet business needs / priorities when required
Able to lead and delegate effectively
Able to manage and prioritise own work and work of team members
Provide leadership of HWIP team, to include effective hiring, training, development, reward & recognition, holiday, absence, and performance management in accordance with HR policies.
Education GCSE's, A-levels, ideally educated to degree level.
· Experience (Essential)
· Educated to a Technical discipline - preferably served an apprenticeship or equivalent City and Guilds 2382 - BS7671
· Requirements for Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2330, 2351 or the 2360 combined with the NVQ level 3 or equivalent
· Preferably qualified to City & Guilds 2394-01 or equivalent
· 18th Edition or equivalent qualification
· Awareness of Data Centre operations / processes
· Experience of controlled power energises and disconnections - UPS, CPS, copper and fibre cabling installations, main infrastructure systems LV distribution and cooling
· Demonstrative electrical installation experience in a commercial environment
· Sound knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and H&S Legislation Ability to understand technical drawings and processes
· PC literate - Notes / Microsoft
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
(Desirable) Experience of leading and motivating a team in a datacentre environment.
A good knowledge of IT equipment and their components including server, switch and blade technology.
An understanding of the Data Centre environment, and the working restrictions applicable to such environments.
Familiar with the use of Microsoft Office applications.
A good understanding of fault diagnostic techniques including the use of handheld test equipment.
Previous data center experience.
Aptitudes Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Character Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Self-motivated, ability to work on own initiative.
Punctual and reliable.
Ability to work under pressure, with changing, and often conflicting, priorities to meet deadlines.
A team player, able to work with CBRE and the clients staff of all levels.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand.
Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment and able to work at heights.
Circumstances Must be willing to travel on occasions to support operational delivery.
Must be willing to take phone calls out of hours where necessary for team support or emergency only.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.