about 20 hours ago
The role is required for the core support and daily management of various tooling applications on behalf of EDC (Enterprise Data Centres) in a global capacity but with the main concentration being in the EMEA region.
There is a principal focus on operational support and a strong emphasis on monitoring, reporting and problem management. Providing technical resolutions and consultancy to ensure optimal functionality and proactive management from the various tooling applications within the applied compliance and security controls within Morgan Stanley.
The role will involve close liaison with members of the Morgan Stanley Operations teams, Project teams, Corporate Services, 3^rd party vendors, data centre partners and infrastructure and cabling installers.
Due to the nature of the role the EDC Tooling Application System Support Analyst
needs to be highly motivated, proactive, willing to embrace change in a fast-moving environment, work collaboratively and able to work unsupervised with a high level of attention to detail.
This position will report directly to Phil Atkins (CBRE), with strategic direction Morgan Stanley from Jon Barber and Darren Kilrow within Morgan Stanley., · Participate and liaise as an active member and representative of the EDC in all global regions.
· Operationally support and daily management of Ignition, PowerIQ, Synapsense and Patch Manager applications to include:
o Maintaining the various Morgan Stanley systems ensuring general system operation and visibility
o Manage the daily application checks and implement required database administration and scheduled maintenance
o Co-ordinate software and hardware upgrades and perform required UAT testing and sign-off
o Maintain API administration for asset and network information and perform required troubleshooting
o Deploying and maintaining the complete life cycle for Raritan and Panduit hardware devices. Securing configuration details, allocating the switch and subnets and updating the relative Morgan Stanley IT systems.
o Manage the Morgan Stanley Netcool alarm system including creating new rules, policies and schedules
o Ensure Morgan Stanley internal systems, including DSDB and TAI (Technology Asset Inventory) are kept updated
o Request firewall provisioning via the Morgan Stanley FASP portal
o Collate system issues/bugs and liaise with 3^rd party vendors for resolution management
o Raise and monitor work tickets in ServiceNow for EDC Ops teams
o Create and issue design briefs for proposed new system functionality
Hardware procurement for existing and future (POC) systems
Liaise with and support all Morgan Stanley business units utilising the tooling applications
Supply training across the EDC tools suite
Closely liaise with the 3^rd party product vendors for new technologies and products coming to market, Due to the nature of this role and Morgan Stanley's needs, the successful candidate must be prepared to be based at Morgan Stanley's current London Cabot Square site but also willing to travel to specific DC facilities as required to perform the role
In addition, with the role having global focus the candidate will also be required to be available as necessary for the regional teams and therefore working outside of the standard EMEA time zones.
Depending on the candidate's ability and general project workload, additional projects / opportunities to develop will be available.
Due to the nature of the role, it is anticipated that very occasional weekend working may be required during critical periods
· Ideally educated to a degree level, or be able to show equivalent level of education in a relevant engineering discipline
· A minimum of 8 years' experience within a relevant technical role in the IT or Telecoms industry, ideally with a minimum of 3 years specifically in the datacentre, infrastructure cabling arena. Background or experience in the financial or other blue-chip vertical market would be very advantageous
· Experience of cable management or DCIM applications and or network management, asset management applications
· Demonstrate clear understanding of cabling Infrastructure
· Strong networking background and understanding of the OSI model and network protocols (TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP and SNMP)
· A solid Microsoft SQL knowledge required. Other database experience would be beneficial
· API fundamentals and integration (REST, JSON) experience an advantage
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Visio
· SharePoint and ServiceNow experience would be beneficial
· Detailed understanding of current compute and networking design and deployment methodology
· Liaise with developers to proof technical design briefs and co-ordinate tasks
· Ability to translate client requirements into a technical specification
· Able to establish and manage relationships with internal clients, and external vendors / suppliers
· Good communication skills - verbal and written
· Dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated
· Committed & strong team player
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.