1 day ago
· This will also include the supervision of specialist sub-contractors and liaison with the on-site management team and ensuring all CBRE and sub-contractor processes and procedures are followed and paper work is up to date; also ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures are followed as per the CBRE QHSE guidelines., · Delivery of this service in accordance with CBRE Managed Services, Procedures and Policies.
· Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Services.
· Compliance with and record keeping for CBRE Managed Services ISO 9001/14001 etc and all Quality Management Systems
· Attending meetings on site representing CBRE to the highest standards on client meetings. This will involve reporting back to the client any actions that arise in a timely fashion.
· To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
· Organise reactive repairs and PPM's to the sites mechanical systems including; heating, air conditioning, hot & cold water, water hygiene, sanitary, foul waste, drainage, general fabric repairs.
· Assist in the identification and ordering of spare parts.
· Produce quotes for Extra Works as necessary. Plan, organise and supervise the works through to successful completion.
· Work closely with Contract Support and Contract Management to ensure the contract performs in line with the Service Level Agreements.
· Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
· To ensure the sub-contracted support services are performing and assist with contract renewals.
· Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules.
· To routinely ensure the Asset Register and Forward Maintenance Register are up to date and accurate.
· First line supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including induction and signing off. Also identification and actioning minor works listed on service report sheets in accordance with the Contract Manager.
· Act as a first level escalation for in duty standby/call-out Engineers and emergency response teams as required.
· Plan and implement on-call rotas with Contract Support.
· Undertake weekly team briefings
· Ensure tool box talks delivered in accordance with the training plan.
· Work with the Contract Manager to ensure training of team is in line with CBRE QHSE requirements.
· Advising the Contract Manager on holiday/absence cover as necessary.
· To ensure weekly timesheets are completed by the team and submitted to contract support on time.
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
· To be fully aware of contractual requirements at all times from the engineering brief
· To carry out any additional duties as directed by the Contract Manager.
· Reporting to the Contract Manager
· Accountable to the Contract Manager
· Accountable day-to-day to the relevant client contacts.
· Accountable for keeping the CBRE logbooks up to date.
· Ensuring all CBRE QHSE procedures are followed and use the A-Z CBRE rules where required.
· A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills. Recognised technical qualifications to carry out the role of a multi skilled CBRE engineer.
· Fully qualified electrical engineering qualifications to C & G 2391 (essential). (18^th Edition)
· Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and completed at least additional experience in a related industry environment.
· Knowledge of other building services an advantage.
· Thorough knowledge of commercial & domestic electrical/mechanical systems and associated plant.
· Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes.
· Fault finding on electrical equipment and systems.
· Ability to diagnose and repair equipment taking a solution focused approach
· Knowledge of lone working requirements.
· Risk Assessment awareness/trained.
· Working to safe systems of work.
· Strong PC skills - MS Office, Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and completed at least additional experience in a related industry environment.
Birmingham - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 100,000 employees and operate in 100+ countries.
· To effectively ensure the day to day delivery of planned and reactive maintenance tasks. This will involve utilising your core skills to deliver the exceptional service to CBRE and our clients.
· To lead, motivate and performance manage the team of site engineers to ensure optimal productivity and engagement.