about 1 month ago
Job objectives and responsibilities:
· To undertake routine PPM tasks in accordance to recognised standards
· To undertake reactive repairs as required.
· To undertake limited Electrical Installation work as required.
· To undertake escort duties of Sub-contractors where required
· To attend training to assist with contract requirements
· To co-operate with other MITIE disciplines for the provision of multi-discipline services where required
· Support on-site team with any FM related tasks.
· Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours
· To be part of a callout rota after initial induction period
· Ensure all documentation is completed correctly for all tasks and reactive tasks are reported and recorded on to the CAFM sytem.
· To undertake tasks as instructed by on site Technical Manager\Contract Manager.
· To support Mitie team as required.
· Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
· Undertake regular survey\site inspections.
· Familurisation of building services environments - including HVAC\BMS.
· Participate with current 24\4 shift working - Monday to Friday.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
NVQ Level 3 diploma - or equivalent in electrotechnical subject.
Industry recognised Trade Qualification (Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC etc)
Previous experience in the Engineering services sector
Willing to learn and develop new skills
Strong work ethic
Keen eye for detail
Good verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrates a pro-active approach
Ability to self manage multiple workloads
IPAF 3A & 3B (Desirable but not essential)
Basic mechanical knowledge (Desirable but not essential)
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.