1 day ago
· Monitor the Service Desk and manage the completion of events/tasks and planned maintenance logged in accordance with Management and Contract agreements.
· Complete such documentation and reports as required by management to effectively control site operations.
· Supervise and coordinate workloads for existing janitorial and cleaning staff and report directly to the Facilities Manager any issues as and when they arise. This includes monitoring overtime, annual leave, sickness and arranging temporary cover ensuring that best use is made of staffing resources.
· Supervise and or assist in the preparation of rooms and halls for a range of uses, including setting out, removal and storage of furniture and equipment, erecting and dismantling stages, platforms, etc. all of this in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures relating to training provided.
· Security of building including the opening of the premises and grounds at prescribed times and ensuring that these are secured at the end of the working day. Co-operating with all appropriate personnel and agencies in maintaining the security of the premises. Maintaining the keys in their possession for emergency call-out purposes.
· Whilst in attendance, patrolling the premises and associated grounds, monitoring of public areas and generally ensuring that security is maintained during hours of opening. This may include the operation and monitoring of closed circuit television (CCTV) equipment and the use of radio communication devices.
· Responding to emergency call-outs in accordance with established procedures, including attending at the location, contacting the appropriate authorities, inspecting for damage and theft, effecting temporary repairs and, where necessary, liaising with contractors/emergency services on site.
· Supervise the carrying out of prescribed procedures in the event of fire, flooding, accident or damage, including liaising with appropriate staff, contractors, etc. Informing the appropriate member of staff as and when security or safety risks arise. Also taking appropriate action where and when it is deemed safe to do so, including liaison with the police, e.g. in relation to unauthorised entry or vandalism.
· Liaising with the Facilities Manager when security or safety risks arise. Also taking appropriate action where and when it is deemed safe to do so, including liaison with the police, e.g. in relation to unauthorised entry or vandalism.
· To supervisor and/or clear blockage, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains and clean up spillages as required.
· To supervisor and/or clean designated areas as directed by your Line Manager, e.g. outside areas, car parks, drains, boiler houses, stores, etc. This may include cleaning up after contractors during closure periods.
· Responsibility of ensuring correct operation of the heating, plant and lighting facilities. Checking for efficiency with regards to energy conservation and correct usage and monitoring fuel stocks and ordering supplies as necessary to ensure that adequate fuel is available at all times. Ensuring that internal and external areas are adequately lit including replacing lighting materials and fuses where possible in accordance with established guidelines. Making sure that all unnecessary lighting is extinguished when the building is closed.
· Supervising and or monitoring condition of heating plant, notifying the Facilities Manager of the need to effect repairs and undertaking routine maintenance. Keeping the boiler-house clear at all times and undertaking frost protection measures as necessary.
· Carry out regular service inspections reporting the results to the Facilities manager and act upon, to ensure corrective actions are undertaken timeously.
· Check and record fire and/or security alarms are working satisfactorily reporting any faults to the Facilities Manager.
· Ensure that premises are in a safe, tidy and satisfactory condition prior to use.
· Maintain vigilance for Health and Safety practices and ensuring that these are applied appropriately in accordance with training provided.
· Liaising as required with outside contractors to ensure that the specified works are carried out effectively and within Health and Safety guidelines.
· Record all health and safety issues in accordance with company policy.
· Arrange for and disposes of waste materials, including the emptying of bins, arising from the use of the premises as are not covered by alternative arrangements.
· Supervise, and if required, replace such consumables on the premises in appropriate locations as are not covered by alternative arrangement, e.g. toilet rolls, soap, towels, etc.
· Supervise, and if required, clean designated areas not covered by alternative arrangements, e.g. outside areas, synthetic pitch, car parks, drains, boiler house, stores etc. This may include cleaning up after contractors during school closure periods.
· Supervise and carry out minor works such as painting, plumbing, and joinery.
· Supervise and carry out the general portage and collection activities.
· To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply and report minor faults on site to the Facilities Manager.
· Undertaken on-call duties, responding to emergency call-outs in accordance with established procedures, including attending at the location, contacting the appropriate authorities, inspecting for damage and theft, effecting temporary repairs and , where necessary, liaising with contractors/emergency services on site.
· Supervising minor grounds maintenance duties including weeding and ensuring that litter is cleared regularly from all external surfaces within the boundaries of the site, including all weather surfaces and soft playing areas.
· In the event of snow and frost, the management and/or cleaning of pedestrian access routes within the schools precincts.
· Supervise and /or provide the janitorial cover for agreed Lets within the school premises and external areas.
· React to all duties as directed by the site Facilities Manager.
· Pool management and cleaning where a pool is present.
· Management of site compliance documentation.
· Follow the MITIE Group and MITIE PFI policies and procedures at all time in relation to health and safety ensuring apparent deficiencies in systems of work, equipment provided, or training are reported to your Line Manager.
· Ensure that all PPE provided by MITIE PFI is used properly and accordance with training received.
· To supervise and attend to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties required by your Line Manager.
2 McLeod Street
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.