1 day ago
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an OSINT, crime or security intelligence-related environment, either within law enforcement, military, government or the private sector. You will be a confident and assertive decision-maker with the ability to work in a highly dynamic, agile environment, with excellent judgement and written communication skills. Hands-on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion to provide excellent threat reporting to assist client security decision-making and improve business resilience.,
Working with the GSOC Intelligence Analyst team to support the identification, development, monitoring and exploitation of open source intelligence (OSINT) sources to produce actionable threat intelligence products.
To own and develop a new suite of bespoke intelligence products to support strategic customers.
Responsibility for the creation of high-quality, relevant and concise intelligence reports covering threats to physical security such as terrorism, crime and extreme activism.
To maintain a solid awareness and understanding of the security and threat landscape. The role is largely domestic in focus, but a global understanding is important for context.
To conduct intelligence briefings for senior Mitie and client representatives, both in a strategic context, but also during live incidents.
Develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, gaining an in-depth understanding of their requirements and being able to create solutions to support their needs.
Develop and maintain professional relationships and partnerships with internal and external intelligence teams, departments and agencies to facilitate greater inter-departmental and inter-agency collaboration to disrupt and deter threats to our business and our customers' operations
This is role does not involve line management responsibilities, but given the expected high calibre and experience of the successful applicant, they are expected to act as a mentor and coach to junior employees., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Degree-educated, or an equivalent qualification, in a relevant subject matter
At least five years previous experience of working within a threat intelligence environment, such as within the military, government, law enforcement or security sectors
A 'can do' attitude, with a desire problem solve and deliver exceptional service.
Innovative in approach, seeking new and unique solutions to meet customers needs.
Highly skilled in building relationships with customers and partners
Ability to formulate logical and measured assessments of risk/threat based on information available while understanding the intelligence requirements of customers
Demonstrable experience in processing and analysing both qualitative and quantitative data
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
Experience in interrogating and exploiting social media platforms as a source of threat intelligence
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., This is an exciting opportunity to join Mitie's Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), a rapidly evolving team of intelligence analysts operating at the forefront of intelligence-led security. The GSOC's remit is to provide an open-source intelligence (OSINT) capability to Mitie, and for Mitie's clients. The GSOC is responsible for the identification of potential threats to our client's employees and business operations and the delivery of timely, actionable threat intelligence for the purpose of informing and facilitating our clients' decision-making process so identified threats can be mitigated. The GSOC also provides major incident communications support in response to a significant incident and bespoke, digital investigation services in response to unique and individual security requirements.