Senior Finance Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Analyst|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2021 18:33|
Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth's most customer-centric company and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. If you are a financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish.
This position supports operational accounting for European digital music businesses and will have responsibility for:
- Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
- Escalating risks and issues as necessary to leadership.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects.
- Enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups.
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers.
Degree in accounting or related field
Five or more years of related work,
CPA (or equivalent)
Accounting management experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years
Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
Aptitude for team leadership-influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's