about 2 months ago
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Supervisor to join the team on our clients site,
The position is public facing and will include working on a 4 on 4 off rota working Days and Nights the payrate is £13.00phr
To be responsible for the day to day operation of Security.
Be the first point of contact for the Security team and deal with day to day matters such as standards of dress, discipline, and conduct are met and adhered to.
Assist in on-going training to the security team and ensure all new security officers are fully trained and inducted to the site procedures and policies including CCTV, access control systems, deliveries and removals, fire alarms and intruder alarms.
Develop teamwork within the workforce, ensuring high morale through effective motivational methods.
Assist in review of Security Officers performance and development.
To assist in any HR processes
Provide customer / client liaison as and when required.
Ensure Assignment Instructions are adhered to at all times by security.
Ensure that any important messages are conveyed in the Security Handover and that all security personnel read and acknowledge them.
Ensuring security records and logs are being kept up to date.
Ensure the security team are compliant with all relevant legislation on data protection., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Screened to SC Level - This will be completed by the company
Physically Fit - lots of walking around the Building
Held a previous supervisory position within a similar high profile blue chip client environment. (preferred)
Trustworthy & Reliable
Good time keeping
Well presented in full company uniform at all times
Good interpersonal skills
Can work well under pressure
Proficient in written and oral communication skills and IT literate/ competent
Knowledge of and ability to use computer systems
Customer service background
Supervisory / leadership skills, ability to influence, motivate and liaise with others
Disciplined / professional attitude
Ability to work within established procedures and to contribute positively to continuous improvement
Ability to listen and demonstrate creative thinking skills
Ability to deal with and control an emergency situation
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.