1 day ago
The BBC are recruiting a Relief Security Officer to help confidently secure the BBC Bristol site. The successful candidate will provide Security Officer Relief Cover at BBC Bristol. The successful candidate should be flexible and be able to cover shifts at short notice when required (days, nights and over weekends), The day to day of a Security Officer is:
Monitor access and egress of personnel and guests and respond to breaches
Provide excellent customer service
Conduct patrols of the building
Maintain clear and legible records and log books
Adhere to health & safety at all times.
Any other duties deemed necessary, On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right., All successful candidates are subject to BS7858 security clearance. A clear 5 year checkable work/ education history is therefore imperative for recruiters throughout the selection process.,
Valid SIA licence
Front of house experience
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
Adhere to health & safety at all times
Any other duties deemed necessary, Required to have 5 Year UK History
A Full UK Driving licence is desirable.
SIA Security licence, Front line Security Guarding, Door Supervision and hold a valid certificate.
The relief security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
The relief security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
Corporate Security experience.
Ability to travel to various sites.
Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.