2 days ago
The relief security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers - ensuring ID badges are allocated and collected when appropriate.
As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the Security Officer must be geographically aware of their local surroundings.
The Relief Security Officer must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
Report to the Security Operations Manager - they must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
Investigating any losses and completing reports and Company documentation
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
The Relief Security Officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
The Relief Security Officer should be able to work on their own initiative.
Retail Security experience.
Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Door Supervision License essential.
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., Mitie has a great opportunity at Hammerson West Quay Shopping Centre. We are looking for an experienced Dedicated relief Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed in interview, with a pay rate of £9.85 per hour. You will report into the site security operation's manager.