about 2 months ago
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Officer to join the team on our clients site,
The position is public facing and will include working on a 4 on 4 off rota working Days and Nights the payrate is £11.00phr
This list will highlight the main areas of the officer's duties; however, this list is not exhaustive and should not replace the agreed assignment instructions to which all duties are listed with specific details;
Ensure good timekeeping and attendance for all allocated shifts.
Employees must ensure that you wait for your relief to attend shift and complete a handover.
Promote exceptional teamwork with colleagues everyday.
Controlling access of staff and visitors.
Reception duties, including meet and greet.
Public interaction, (Location dependant). Customer service front facing polite and professional interactions.
Maintain a positive relationship with members of the public through communication and conflict management skills.
Respond professionally and enhance the quality and reputation of your service.
Issues/incident communications with control room, customer contacts.
Ensuring that site locations/buildings are secure by ensuring that all people accessing are checked at the point of entry ensuring they have the right to enter.
Supporting the delivery of security requirements and ensuring that issues that affect the security of the site are brought to the attention of the security supervisor (if applicable), customer and Operations Manager.
Operation and control of barrier/gate systems where utilised.
On-site security patrolling and other secondary security duties., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Available to work shifts including days, nights, public holidays and weekends either on a set shift pattern or on a relief basis, usually working in line with business demands.
Able to perform searches which involves bending, stretching and twisting, (when required).
Able to gain and to maintain an SIA licence.
Willing to undergo a 5-year employment check and able to account for a full 5-year history, providing evidence of all employment, unemployment, training etc during this period in line with strict vetting criteria.
Able to provide I.D documentation proving identity, right to work and all previous and current addresses in line with strict vetting criteria.
No Current Convictions (Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 will apply)
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Candidate must be physically fit and have no limitations with lifting
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.