about 10 hours ago
Mitie has a great opportunity for a site Security Manager to join the Total Security Management Team.
Pay: £14.61 p/h (equivelant to £38k PA)
Purpose of Job
· To protect the value of our client's meeting places by preventing damages to the structure, people and reputation of the company, to ensure that our places are safe and secure for our employees, for customers and for all people in the store.
· To be a valued business partner who drives for sustainable solutions and improves the profit of the unit without jeopardizing the desired level of safety and security.
· To ensure compliance with the Security Manuals, rules and guidelines, and national and local legal requirements
· Effectively manage the performance of the store Security contract, ensuring that they build, lead, retain and support in the development of a team of security officers that believe and demonstrate through their work that Mitie is different to other Security service providers.
· Responsible for the maintenance and review of both Assignment Instructions and Risk Assessments
· Ensuring all vacancies are advertised with the appropriate agencies and maintain establishment to deliver the coverage KPI specified by the customer through management of recruitment and succession planning to ensure that the Centre and Store portfolio has the capability to deliver consistent high levels of service
· Ensuring adequate and appropriate training, advice and support is provided to make the Officer team successful. This includes ensuring knowledge and use of key systems, tools and awareness of policies; undertaking regular appraisals; providing open feedback on progress and career development and use of sanctions for under performance.
· Maintain relations with all the public security organs of the community (police, fire brigade etc.).
· Supports the Unit management team's for safe and security aspects in all those activities that generate extraordinary traffic (marketing event etc.).
· Reporting to store management and departments, at least on a monthly basis, of relevant Security KPI's and trend analysis., · Can think and work in a risk-based way i.e. Evaluates trade-offs between potential costs and benefits and acts accordingly
· Ability to plan effectively, influence others and follow up on changes implemented.
Sources of Performance Indicators
· Unit Stock Loss/Shrinkage as identified from theft.
· Monthly SLA and ROI targets.
· Security Sec Check Result of Centre & retail Unit.
· Security incident reporting accuracy and trends
· Audit performance and compliance (within sphere of influence), On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
· Knowledge of national and local Security legal requirements.
· Knowledge of loss prevention initiatives in the retail environment
· Strong security management/leadership experience
· Able to manage a team of others.
· A self -starter with the ability to work independently and reliably.
· Good communication and documentation skills in dealings with various levels of management.
· Good social skills and open accessibility., 5. Previous Experience & Skills
· Ability to read and write in English
· A quick learner who can easily adapt to changing demands.
· Management experience gained in the field of security - Private Security Industry or public sector (such as police or forces background).
· Knowledge of how to train and educate others.
Ability to strike a balance between keeping a good overview and paying
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave