2 days ago
This role will ensure that the company complies with all legal responsibilities around Right to Work and Visa Management. This includes managing all employee relations cases which relate to Right to Work and providing support to Line Managers to ensure they act in accordance with UK Immigration and Employment Law. This role will support managers and employees as they engage in Sponsorship to work in the UK and will ensure all employer responsibilities are met.
· To be a subject matter expert on UK Right to Work requirements, and a point of contact and escalation for the business around difficult cases
· To administer all annual Visa checks and renewals, and to case manage all associated employee relations cases
· Support Line Managers with advice on UK Immigration law and Employment law when making decisions around an individual's Right to Work Status
· Support with the roll out of the Right to Work app, actively engaging with the business to adopt this
Support the business with Right to Work audits and work on intelligence from the Home Office to review the companies risk profile
· Advise the business on Sponsorship options and support with the ongoing administration of such arrangements.
· Ensure that the business responsibilities around sponsoring employees are maintained at all times
Escalate any RTW compliance or Sponsorship risks as required
· Audit RTW data entry in the HR System and ensure that the HR Administration teams are sufficiently trained to correctly maintain this data
· Provide training to HR Administration teams as necessary on Right to Work documentation and processes
· Support with the production of monthly reports on workload, volumes, and key priorities within the RTW Compliance Team
· Support process reviews as requested by the HR SSC Management team
· To input to HR projects where required
· To act as a process champion for all RTW compliance activities Knowledge skills & experience
· Sufficient and appropriate HR experience
· Previous experience of acting as a RTW Subject Matter Expert (SME)
· Demonstrable experience of Right to Work management, including dealings with the Home Office and managing Sponsorship activity/Sponsor Licence
· Knowledge or experience of international mobility (preferred)
· Previous experience of working in a HR Shared Service Centre (preferred)
· Strong Stakeholder management skills (experience of managing legal advice relationships preferred)
· Good understanding of HR / ER processes coupled with sufficient and appropriate HR/ER experience
· Experience of organising the activity of others or Line Management (preferred)
· Strong ability in process review and re-engineering using LEAN methodology (preferred)
· A self-starter with a drive to identify and implement process improvements
· Ability to think outside of the box and challenge the status quo
· Excellent customer service focus
· Very well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines and varying and sometimes conflicting priorities
· Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative
· Ability to manage the expectations of business stakeholders
· Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to use computer applications, e-mail, MFD (Multi Functional Device) and telephone
Mitie was founded in 1987, and is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.