about 7 hours ago
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Retail Store Detective to join the Total Security Management Team. (EXTENSIVE TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED WITHIN A SET REGION, This will be reimbursed)
To deliver results for their identified area that meets or exceeds expectations through full responsibility and accountability for:
· Responsibility of a team of store detectives within a set region - reporting to the National operations manager
· First point of contact from our customers.
· Responsible for the training and reporting of their team.
· To protect customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse
· To deter violence and public order offences
· Achieve required ROI levels through the active detection of crime and the subsequent detention of offenders.
· Working within groups or alone depending on the situational request
Adhering to the established ASCONE+ procedures at all times
Ensures that reporting is accurate and meets agreed time scales
Demonstrates a professional and flexible approach to commercial demands across the portfolio of stores.
Adopting an intuitive approach to store layout taking into consideration store demographic and associated risks.
To work in collaboration with all members of the security team to achieve a safe and secure shopping environment free from crime and the fear of crime
To believe and demonstrate through their work that Mitie is different to other service providors
Ensure effective communication to Officers and colleagues that create an integrated and coordinated approach to crime prevention and detection
Demonstrate a full understanding of and comply with all apsects of Mitie policies and relevant legislation, including any amendments
Be mindful at all times of the legal requirements associated with powers of arrest, detain and welfare responsibilities to ensure the personal safety of all Mitie/Coop personnel and members of the public
At all times adhere to the Coop search policy and procedures
To actively participate and support the development of the Coop account through involvement, where required, in the development of strategies and initiatives
Support colleagues by sharing best practice
Attend 'court hearings' and demonstrate professionalism when relaying evidence, ensuring the reputation of both MITIE and Coop are safeguarded.
Always adhering to the store detective 'ways of working'
Utilising conflict resolution in order to diffuse difficult situations that may arise within the workplace., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.,
A Full UK Driving licence is essential due to travel demands,
The store detective will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
Strong Customer Service, client focused attitude with the ability to build good working relationships
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
Adaptable communication style to meet the needs of different people groups
Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Resilient and tenacious with a can do approach
Capability in the use of technology
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.