about 7 hours ago
TSM Mitie has a great opportunity for Retail Security Officer to work at our site based in Castlepoint B&Q. Working at this location will allow the successful candidate to enjoy discounted benefits whilst gaining high quality experience within the security industry. Full training and a quality induction is provided for the successful candidate.,
Acting as a visual deterrent on the shop floor - able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training, ZAP, ASCONE
Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
Reporting incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided device
Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence
Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all. You will report into the operations manager
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.,
Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
Have a five - year check able employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Previous experience of working in a retail security role
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.