about 5 hours ago
You will be expected, as an Security officer to show complete dedication to the role, you will be required to support with covering sites to a high level, there may be occasion where notice cannot be provided to cover last minute absence. You will be responsible for various security requirements of the sites, and maintaining a good corporate image and high standards of professionalism.
To protect our customer's property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI's) and any subsequent changes.
Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
Conducting internal patrols, checking for signs of damage, vandalism, theft, flood.
Communicating effectively with colleagues, client personnel and Mitie Management.
Management of keys and passes issue and return.
Dealing with fire alarm testing on an agreed basis.
Testing of other emergency systems; panic alarms, lift alarms, disabled toilet alarms.
Monitoring of CCTV systems and following procedures in the event of an incident
Handling requests for viewing & downloading CCTV footage ensuring that the correct escalation and authority processes are followed
Production and submission of incident reports.
Keeping records of site activity through the Daily Occurrence Book.
Locking / Unlocking site.
Any other requests as communicated by MITIE and as agreed with client personnel.
To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI's).
Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Communication, To be considered for this role you will:
Have excellent timekeeping and attendance.
Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Have a positive outlook.
Be proactive and willing to help.
Flexible in terms of hours and locations.
MUST be Fully flexible to cover days, weekends & bank holidays.
Able to be vetted for previous period of 5 years or since leaving compulsory education.
Team Player .
Hold a valid SIA Licence.
Smart, customer focused and well-groomed.
Approachable and fair person, and confident to act in difficult situations..
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., Mitie has a great opportunity for retail officer in the Norwich area to cover one of the UK's major supermarket chains. We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £9.71 per hour. You will report into the sites security operation's manager.