about 1 month ago
To deliver results for their identified area that meets or exceeds the budget and service delivery requirements through full responsibility and accountability for:
To protect customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse
To deter violence and public order offences
To patrol the store and other areas and to undertake checks in accordance with the site assignment instructions
To deter till snatchers, trolley push outs and other bulk thefts
To record any suspicious activity on to an incident report ensuring the correct information is captured using the SMART system and store management are informed
Dealing with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner
To be conversant with the Electronic Article Surveillance tagging system and complete regular checks of tagging standards
Monitoring the store CCTV where appropriate
Complete retrospective CCTV reviews focusing on shrinkage
To be clean, tidy and properly dressed wearing full uniform. This should also include an SIA licence (s), identity badge, which all must be valid.
To understand and always implement the 'Ways of Working'
Liaise with the store management teams giving clear and concise feedback
Liaise with the Police and crime partnerships where required to foster a great working relationship to support the reduction of crime in store
Completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities using SMART
Utilise all equipment and technology to their fullest potential to maximise the impact upon security and stores losses
To report all incidents fully by the end of the shift using the SMART system
Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and well being of colleagues, customers and fellow officers are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., Mitie has a great opportunity in Reading . We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £10.22 per hour. You will report into the sites security operation's manager.