Residential Security Officer
|Job Title:||Residential Security Officer|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2021 11:53|
Job Title: Residential Security Officer
Based At: Park House Apartments
Hours of Work: 12 Hour shifts – 42 Hrs avg per week
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (Days & Nights inc Weekends and Bank Holidays)
Pay Rate: £12.36 per hour
Reporting To: Duty Supervisor, CRS/Deputy Security Manager and Security Operations Manager
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
• To support and work in tandem with the concierge team in all matters relating to the service delivery of the team and work in accordance to the standards required by Mitie and the client.
• The residential security officer is responsible for the security, safety and welfare of the Park House Apartments inhabitants and visitors.
• The security officer will protect the assets in the building by maintaining a vigilant, proactive security presence to minimize security risks to people and property.
• To provide exceptional customer service and go the extra mile in proactively looking for opportunities to assist residents, visitors and colleagues.
• To provide clear and timely communication to colleagues and concierge team within Park House Apartments on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery.
• Ensure that the interests of REM, residents and their guests are fully protected at all times and conduct yourself accordingly, as their representative.
• To liaise with Enforcement and Regulatory bodies.
• Ensure they fully understand the emergency procedures for the building.
• Ensure they fully understand the AI’s, SOP’s and Risk Assessments.
• Ensure all posts are correctly manned at the correct times.
• Ensure all equipment is serviceable and in good working order.
• Ensure all instructions, both written and verbal are adhered to.
• Ensure all Security Officers are correctly dressed and briefed to their particular duty.
• Provide security escort to all areas of the building as and when required.
• Carry a radio at all times whilst on duty.
• Report any issues to the Duty Supervisor or CRS.
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• Have their SIA & CCTV license with them and displayed at all times.
• Control all aspects of access and egress to the building.
• Ensure all visitors & contractor follow the correct sign-in procedures.
• Complete internal and external patrols.
• Must be confident in using Partner Patrol device and reporting fault on Helpdesk system.
• Attend to deliveries (receipt and dispatch).
• Complete DOB books, maintenance and accident books.
• Monitor CCTV regularly and report any fault to Shift security supervisor.
• Assist in all types of evacuations and events that may occur at Park House.
• Respond to emergencies.
• Report security or safety issues to the Duty Supervisor or CRS.
• Deal with conflict in an appropriate manner if required.
• Be vigilant to the Health and Safety risks at Park House, carrying out regular checks.
• Follow all reasonable requests from the Supervisor or Senior Management.
• To be on post, on time as dictated by duty rota or as instructed by Supervisor or above.
• Must be trained using residential Fire Panel and follow the correct escalation procedure during any emergency.
• Must be aware and confident in key issuing procedure.
• Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly REM checklist as and when instructed to complete by the Duty Supervisor.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
• Ensure compliance with the Client and Mitie's information security procedures in all activities
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager
• Report actual and suspected security incidents
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's