about 2 hours ago
Job objectives and responsibilities
· Ensuring all site and company specific instructions and health & safety protocols are adhered to at all times
· Ensuring you remain professional and diligent in your duties at all times
· Ensure to maintain the integrity of the restricted area at all times through efficient and professional pass control, searching and patrolling.
· Maintain SSow RA, and actively promote a positive Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture
· Ensure Service Delivery in a cost effective manner, whilst maximising productivity through efficient use of resources
· To oversee the day to day running of the security team across all 4 Humber Ports.
· Ensure all team members are deployed to the correct positions and wearing the correct uniform/PPE
· To manage team absences and conduct issues
· Monitor staff welfare and performance and escalate as appropriate
· To provide first aid
· Maintain and develop competencies within the team
· Ensure that all supplied equipment is checked and maintained in a serviceable condition
· Deputise for the Contract Manager in their abesence
· Ensure audits
· Manage incidents and deploy units where needed and escalate appropriately
· Carryout effective patrols to maintain the integrity of the restricted area in accordance with client requests and Dft
· Assist in the covering of gaps/holidays within the core teams and during increases in security levels
· Ensuring service delivery to agreed KPI's, · Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
· Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Level of Authority
· The job holder will have the authority to carry out their role on a day to day basis in accordance with all prevailing company policies. The job holder will have authority to incur expenditure and to agree legally binding commitments on behalf of the company but these must be in accordance with the company authorisation limits, which are determined by the Authorisation Register
· Hold a valid SIA licence
· Hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence
· Physically fit
· Proficient in written and oral communication skills
· Disciplined/ professional attitude
· Ability to work well with and to motivate others
· Ability to self-motivate when working by yourself
· Ability to work within established procedures and to contribute positively to any improvements
· Ability to deal with and control and direct personnel during emergency/security situations
· Demonstrate Sound Judgement
· Safety Focus
· Innovitive forward thinking, with a focus on safety
· Demonstrable Leadership skills
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.