Maintenance Planner - Laboratory shutdown coordinator Providing a Maintenance Planning Service to defined areas of the PHE Porton site with additional site wide services as identified. Purpose: To ensure the day-to-day running of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is carried out so that all maintenance activities are completed to schedule for a defined area of the site in the most cost-effective manner. Maintains liaison and coordination between all relevant parties; maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results or work completed. Principal Accountabilities:
Site wide duties include the administration of the servicing of the Local Extract Ventilation (LEV's) Systems, Pressure Systems and Lifting Equipment at the Porton Down Site
To operate the CMMS including:-
- Loading of asset data, manufacturer details onto the database and in liaison with the Operations Engineers schedule maintenance.
- Eliminating delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of parts, equipment down time and labour.
- Issuing and closing of job cards, together with the recording of comments, personnel details and also labour times to form an on-going history file for each asset.
- Timely preparation of high-quality job plans and elimination of avoidable delays.
- Job follow-up to identify opportunities to improve work methods and job plans.
- Elimination of job delays due to ineffective planning.
- Maintains list of work orders waiting to be scheduled, by priority, with an estimated completion date. Unplanned jobs requiring engineering, waiting for materials, waiting for downtime, etc., are filed accordingly. When ready for scheduling, work orders are filed by required completion day.
Once job is planned and estimated, prior to scheduling, the job holder will verify availability of parts, materials and special tools required for execution.
In liaison with the EEF Engineering Dept, determine the level of detail required within job plans.
The provision of reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis for the Maintenance Manager.
To monitor outstanding maintenance routines and, where necessary, highlight problem areas to the Maintenance Manager.
Control and maintain the equipment numbering system and the issue of Equipment/Asset Labels. Record the movement of plant as and when it arises.
In discussion with the Engineering Manager, update maintenance routines and frequencies as required.
Ensure that complete records are kept for COSHH and statutory plant and equipment, which require a full-service history.
Record and establish historical records against plant and equipment showing routine and breakdown maintenance for required areas of concern.
Maintain a working knowledge of the SuiteReq system to provide help and guidance when required.
Provide on a regular basis, SuiteReq progress reports from the system for issue to the Maintenance Manager.
Maintain Planned Maintenance System "Help Desk" for queries from departmental and business colleagues.
Ensure that archiving of documents is carried out as per SOPs and the validated quality system on site.
Adhere to procedures as defined by the Training Matrix.
Completion of any other duties or projects, which are commensurate with a Maintenance Planner position, as defined by the Maintenance Manager.
Provision of all identified services to a level that satisfies the organisation's requirements.
Ensure no maintenance work is delayed due to late issue of documentation.
Ensure accurate and consistent recoding of data which has been input to Maximo.
All records to be updated within five working days from receipt of information.
Good relationships to be fostered and maintained within EEF Dept and with PHE business colleagues.
Specific reports to be provided within 24 hours of request. Routine reports to be provided on time. Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Proficient with maintenance planning and scheduling processes/procedures, procurement of materials, cost estimating, sub-contracting, and monitoring of job schedules and costs.
Has knowledge of planning, estimating and scheduling for various skilled trades (ex. mechanical, pipe, welding, etc.).
Knowledgeable of manufacturing operations, processes and business requirements including day-to-day priorities. Knowledgeable of applicable regulatory and code requirements to ensure work is planned in compliance (asbestos, HSE, confined space, electrical codes, etc.)
Can apply software skills as necessary to perform job duties (ex. Microsoft Office, planning software tools, spare parts system, etc.). Measurement of Position Performance:
The Planner/Scheduler is measured in performance of duties and execution of assigned responsibilities by:
- Maintenance labour effectiveness.
- Orderly placement of work orders and their completion by due date.
- Understands work execution releases including the ability to read equipment and process drawings and sketches.
Previous experience in a similar role.
Excellent administrative, report writing, project control, communication and organisational skills.
PC literacy e.g. Microsoft Office, projects and Excel.
Good people and project management skills.