9 days ago
We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our Client is a big four consultancy firm with a global presence, operating in over 150 countries. This organisation works with many public and private companies spanning multiple industries. The advisory work that they cover spans across audit, Accountancy, tax, corporate finance and consulting.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a number of Junior Data Analyst for a 7 Month contract running to March 2022 based in Cardiff.
Purpose of the Role:
Analytics can enhance the quality and efficiency of an audit, as well as deliver meaningful insights to our client; Their vision is for analytics to be used on all audits. The Analytics Support Centre is a Cardiff based delivery centre developed to support engagement teams around the world with data extraction and upload into our custom Analytics platform
As a leading global professional services and consulting firm, Our Client helps some of the biggest businesses in the world to grow and be successful. The Analytics Support Centre supports our objective to differentiate ourselves from our competitors and ensure that they continue to deliver a high quality, distinctive client experience.
Working with us also means access to fantastic benefits, a commitment to agile working and the ability to take control of your career. If you’re a team player and strong communicator who understands the importance of deadlines and the value of great service, you will find what you are looking for.
As a Junior Data Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Being the engagement team’s first point of call when using our Analytics platform for troubleshooting or general functionality queries; providing them with assistance and guidance in the use of our platform.
- Providing support for data acquisition and extraction from clients’ accounting systems.
- Carrying out the manipulation and upload of the more complex data sets from a variety of finance systems across various business areas and clients into our platform.
- Having a high-level understanding of the system being supported and using Microsoft SQL to troubleshoot any issues raised by the Audit practice via the help desk system.
- Possible development and maintaining of various bespoke pieces of work built outside of our analytics platform on a client by client basis.
- Carrying out data quality checks which will need to be raised to the Audit practice or client as appropriate.
- Helping the relevant teams troubleshoot problems with the platform or bespoke solutions.
What we require from the candidate:
- Degree educated with a 2.2 or above; preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or Science related. However, consideration will be given to other skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Excel (including formulae such as SUM, COUNT, IF, VLOOKUP, ISERROR)
- Individuals should be enthusiastic and have evidence of a flair for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience of working with a structured programming language such as C#, VBA, C++, SQL would be highly beneficial.
- An understanding of basic accounting principle is beneficial but not required.
This client will only accept workers operating via a PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business