about 4 hours ago
Job objectives and responsibilities·
To work within the Janitorial Team, carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
· To deliver the agreed services within the budget allocated to their role and to the standard required.
· To develop good Client and Customer relationships as well as key communications with other Janitors/Caretakers/Site Support Officer's or Site Superintendents on the Contract and within the MITIE's Portfolio.
· To follow the Company's Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role and when dealing with the management of assigned sub-contractors when on site.
To undertake successfully the training matrix specific to this role.·
Provide routine housekeeping duties and/or janitorial tasks to support the effective operations of the schools, e.g. washing low level windows, low level maintenance (i.e. fixing a door handle), etc.
· Maintenance of daily staff attendance records and signing in books.
· To take responsibility for the coordination of the janitorial services ensuring they meet the operational and contract requirements.
· To liaise with the helpdesk ensuring that events/tasks are dealt with in accordance with the Contract Agreement.
· To undertake reactive and planned maintenance tasks, as well as monitoring of Contractors when dealing with their assigned tasks and providing escort duties when and where required.
· Carry out appropriate reporting activities to ensure that the Senior Janitor can carry out their own tasks and meet contract/regional reporting requirements.
· Carry out regular service inspections reporting the results to the Facilities Manager and act upon, to ensure corrective actions are undertaken timeously.
· React to all duties as directed by the site Facilities Manager and/or Senior Janitor.
· Transporting materials and equipment throughout the building; ensuing that these are delivered in good time, stored appropriately and in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Preparing rooms and halls for a range of uses, including setting out, removal and storage of furniture and equipment, erecting and dismantling stages, platforms, etc. All of this in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Ensure correct operation of the heating, plant and lighting facilities. Checking for their efficiency with regards to energy conservation and correct usage and monitoring fuel stocks and ordering supplies as necessary to ensure that adequate fuel is available at all times. Ensuring that internal and external areas are adequately lit including replacing lighting materials and fuses where possible in accordance with established guidelines. Making sure that all unnecessary lighting is extinguished when the building is closed.
· Monitoring the condition of heating plant, notifying the Facilities Manager of the need to effect repairs and undertaking routine maintenance. Keeping the boiler-house clear at all times and undertaking frost protection measures as necessary.
· Ensure correct health and safety practices are applied appropriately and in accordance with training given.
· Undertake on-call duties, responding to emergency call-outs in accordance with established procedures, including attending at the location, contacting the appropriate authorities, inspecting for damage and theft, effecting temporary repairs and, where necessary, liaising with contractors/emergency services on site.
· Minor grounds maintenance duties including weeding and ensuring that litter is cleared regularly from all external surfaces within the boundaries of the site, including all weather surfaces and soft playing areas.
· In the event of snow and frost, the cleaning of pedestrian access routes within the schools precincts.
· Ensuring that body and other emergency spillages are dealt with in accordance with the agreed procedures.
· Carry out minor repairs such as painting, plumbing and joinery as directly by the Facilities Manager and or/Senior Janitor.
· Monitor and provide janitorial cover for agreed Lets within the school premises and external areas.
· Ensuring that graffiti is removed/concealed as soon as possible.
· Security of building including the opening of the premises and grounds at prescribed times and ensuring that these are secured at the end of the working day. Co-operating with all appropriate personnel and agencies in maintaining the security of the premises. Maintaining the keys in their possession for emergency call-out purposes.
· Whilst in attendance, patrolling the premises and associated grounds, monitoring of public areas and generally ensuring that security is maintained during hours of opening. This may include the operation and monitoring of closed circuit television (CCTV) equipment and the use of radio communication devices.
· Dispose of such waste materials arising from the use of the premises as are not covered by alternative arrangements.
· Where the site has a swimming pool; undertaking tests and maintenance in accordance with relevant Pool Operatives Training.
· Replace such consumables on the premises in appropriate locations as are not covered by alternative arrangements e.g. toilet rolls, soap, towels, etc.
· Undertake the cleaning of designated areas as requested by your Line Manager.
· Carry out regular checks on the fire alarm systems ensuring that they are working satisfactorily, reporting any faults to the Facilities Manager and/or Senior Janitor.
· Follow the MITIE Group and MITIE PFI policies and procedures at all time in relation to health and safety ensuring apparent deficiencies in systems of work, equipment provided, or training are reported to your Line Manager.
· Ensure that all PPE provided by MITIE PFI is used properly and accordance with training received.
· Carrying out prescribed procedures in the event of fire, flooding, accident or damage, including liaising with appropriate staff, contractors, etc. Informing the appropriate member of staff as and when security or safety risks arise. Also taking appropriate action where and when it is deemed safe to do so, including liaison with the police, e.g. in relation to unauthorised entry or vandalism.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by your Line Manager.
· Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
· Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
· Have a flexible approach to the role.
· Proven Customer Focus and Service Skills.
· The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
· Detail conscious.
· Able to work from own initiative.
· Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
· Excellent Time Management Skills.
· Good Communicator.
· Computer literate.
At Mitie, you will be working for the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. You will be part of a workforce with over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there is no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.