about 14 hours ago
The role is to provide professional care of interior tropical plant displays in commercial buildings throughout Surrey,Sussex. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of customer sities as well as working alongside colleagues in our small regional team.
Check plants for moisture and water accordingly.
Remove any dead/dying foliage, trimming brown parts of the leaves and removing all leaves which are dying.
Keep plants free from dust
Keep planters clean and free from dust and water spills.
Assess the condition of plants and replace with new when necessary
Some exterior plant display work may also be required
Within offices it is important that work is carried out discreetly and quietly to enable our client's staff to get on with their everyday work.
Provide good customer service and provide a positive and friendly company image
Will suit early riser as its always best to beat the traffic.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Note: This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
A passion for plants will be a great advantage on this role.
Ability to plant up new up new and existing sites
Collecting and delivering materials to various locations
Be able to carry out work at height as a small amount of work may require use of step ladders
Seasonal work would to include delivering and decorating Christmas trees, this also includes working on ladders and scaffold towers
Be aware of health and safety regulations and a have a personal commitment to comply with these.
Experience of maintaining sites within time limitations.
Experience delivering maintenance to multiple sites.
Capable of getting to sites for specified start time
Must hold a current UK driving licence
Will need to be comfortable with driving and routefinding on motorways and in the city
Attention to detail
Use of smartphone technology to ensure work activity is correctly recorded
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.