1 day ago
Ensure efficient use of our cloud services from both performance and financial standapoints
Ensure a governance framework is met and adhered to
Improve the use of technology within our cloud environments
Reduce expenditure and dependency on 'workarounds',
Accountable to Senior Management for the proper design, execution, and improvement of the process
Ensures that the process is being carried out and participates as required in the process, but does not run the day-to-day operation of the process
To support the operational running of the Group's infrastructure. Responsible for protecting service operations through change control and governance. Collaborating with Service Management teams to identify risks, complete incident root cause analysis and resolve problems.
Active involvement in the creation of Inititial and Full Busincess cases ensuring the proposed savings are both measured and achieved on completion.
Ensure that budgets are adhered to and controlled within the Cloud environments.
To be involved and lead when required supplier engagements to support 3rd party systems and services and associated technologies, as well as day-to-day co-ordination of Infrastructure Analysts within the team.
To identify and deliver continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging tooling and automation to improve efficiency and service to the business
Identify cost saving initiatives across cloud platforms in use, understanding downsizing and reserved instance use.
Assist in, and support activity in other areas of ISS \ IT Operations as required, including Service Delivery, IT Infrastructure, Information Security and IT Administration
Understanding of AWS and Azure hosted platforms and interlinking network architecture
Produces regular management reports for appropriate Governance layer
Be a point of contact for Mitie for the management and control of major incidents during annual leave cover
Ensure that all documentation is fit for purpose, available to those involved with the process, is understood and actively followed.
Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate is desirable
Experience in ServiceNow (IT Service Management tool) is desirable
A broad understanding of modern technologies and platforms, particularly networks, hosting, cloud, firewalls, web services, SAP, SharePoint, Active Directory and such forth is desirable
A broad understanding of environment platforms; on-prem, AWS, Flex, Azure, hosted cloud - physical and virtual is desirable
Able to make effective decisions and take responsibility quickly
Structured and methodical approach
Attention to detail and able to consider holistic implications of technical change
Team player able to work with the minimum of supervision. Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
Experience of Service Management in a high-pressure production IT services environment.
Diplomatic and able to remain calm under pressure. Able to manage tense situations to disperse tension, focus on goals and negotiate outcomes. Confident to push back where necessary.
A pragmatic but thorough approach to and knowledge of processes, methodologies and standards
Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively and present compelling messages
Understand the need for discipline and rigour in reporting, and have strong analytical capability
Understanding of the business and wider IT and transformation roadmaps
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.