Due to the continued growth of the team, we are now in the process to add an Infrastructure Architect who will be joining a well-established yet ambitious part of the business. As an Infrastructure Architect you will be responsible for the technical design of systems and services across cloud & on-premise infrastructure which underpin all our business channels.
· Working closely with other Architects across the business and Engineering Leads, you'll be guiding and developing solutions based on standards & patterns to support business channel initiatives, aligning to the vision and target-state architecture.
· Collaboration with internal & external teams is essential so creating strong working relationships across the various teams is a must.
· You'll be responsible for providing the design, collaboration and buy-in for any related solutions deployed across AWS or on-premises whilst ensuring adherence to our existing security & governance controls.
· As part of any solution design, formulation of well-formed user stories, test & acceptance criteria alongside non-functional requirements are expected to be captured & documented.
· Any defining solutions needs to meet the business security policies & practices to ensure compliance whilst addressing the usual areas of high availability, performance, security and continuity planning.
· You will also be heavily involved in driving the roadmaps highlighting areas of risk where improvements or changes can be made to mitigate these, be it risks to service, reputational damage or costs.
· In this role you are expected to interface with other Infrastructure, Network, Solution & Security Architects, Technical Product Owners and Engineering leads as well as senior stakeholders.
· Experience in an architectural role (or senior engineering role) within an organisation that is fast moving & dynamic.
· Alignment to architectural design principles & ability to visualise your ideas and solutions.
· Identify, define & document patterns that can be reused across solutions, adding these to the Enterprise pattern library.
· As this is a blended role a solid spread of technical skills across all tiers of infrastructure and/or cloud technologies, including but not limited to: -
o Amazon Web Services (e.g. EKS, ECS, Direct Connect, VPC, TGW & PCA)
o VMware, · Experience of using and defining infrastructure automation, use of virtualisation technologies and cloud hosting technologies.