about 19 hours ago
· To deliver an effective HR service to the business, providing commercial HR solutions.
· To proactively partner managers at all levels in providing pragmatic and commercially focussed solutions on people issues that will meet business objectives.
· To work closely with the HR North team and other supporting services across the wider Mitie business and Group HR community.
· To develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
· To develop and maintain relationships with Unions. Demonstrate a willingness to learn from experience and motivate others to develop/grow the teams' specific knowledge and skills.
Develop an Apprentice strategy with the L&D team on site and Mitie Group
HR responsibility, providing advice and guidance to the management teams and colleagues on the following:
· Support management in the consistent application of Mitie HR policies and procedures.
· Support management in the undertaking of disciplinary & capability cases, long term welfare cases requiring a HR face to face presence.
· Attending the contract management meetings as appropriate and ensuring the HR agenda is represented fully in relation to business decisions at contract/site level.
· Driving through key areas of compliance to include suspensions, right to work/vetting, HR and people training and recruitment.
· Provide a robust and successful recruitment strategy in conjunction with local enterprises and work departments across the region.
· Promote company initiatives/tools at contract lead team.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the business issues/challenges in order to deliver effective and commercial HR solutions by: regular meetings with key contacts, unions & the client to understand key areas of focus, HR Spot Checks, reporting findings/suggestions to Ops
· Reporting on metrics such as training attendance, suspension savings, RTW figures
· Promote and embed performance management culture across the business, including adherence to Mitie performance management system and ensuring managers are competent in managing people, complete this by:
· Providing support to line managers in implementing performance management training, assist with the MiReview appraisal process
· Ensuring the sector talent map is regularly reviewed and amended to reflect improvements/declines in individual performance
· As appropriate, work with HR Business Partner and L&D Business Partner on change initiatives in relation to restructuring and new business activity and embed Mitie values within the business.
· Help compile monthly HR reports as required for the region/business area, completing a monthly HR report
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Trade Unions at a regional level; support local and/or national pay negotiations including recognition agreements.
· Inform managers of updates in legislation and potential impact on business, sharing legal updates with HR team when relevant.
· Management training, development and coaching on all matters HR related
· Experienced HR professional in a commercially focussed environment.
· Ability to deal with high volume and fast paced Business and re-prioritise regularly.
· Preferably CIPD qualified or currently working towards qualification.
· Good commercial awareness.
· Computer literate; Microsoft suit, SAP, sharepoint
· Resilient, with ability to influence key decision makers and challenge when necessary.
· Ability to drive the HR agenda with managers.
· Team player and confidence to build relationships with the business
· Excellent presentation skills both internally and client facing.
· Adaptable communication style to meet needs of different people groups.
· Confident and articulate communicator.
· Strong commitment to customer service; able to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
· Ability to deliver information to managers that may be difficult and challenging.
· Demonstrate understanding of the need for confidentiality
· Ability to make own decisions and see them through to conclusion.
· Sound knowledge of employment law and best practice.
Flexible, adaptable and ability to travel on an occasional basis.,
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us., Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.