1 day ago
Observe COSHH principles and use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health guidelines (COSHH). Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents using correct dilution rates where applicable, wearing full PPE where provided.
· Draw to the attention of the Team Leader low levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered.
· Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by the Cleaning Team Leader only after correct training is given. Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
· Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriately at all times, e.g. wet floor signs.
· Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and participate in stock checks if required.
· Ensure that equipment is kept scrupulously clean, is maintained in good safe working order and is stored correctly at all times.
· Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance to comply with Statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
· To ensure all waste - general office, cans, paper and plastic cups - is recycled daily using correct waste streams, and avoid creating unnecessary waste.
· To maintain high standards of operational hygiene thereby minimising potential for cross contamination.
· To ensure all times that the Company and Statutory regulations of Health and Safety are adhered to, promoting good safety habits and methods of work.
· To comply with GSK and Mitie standard working practices, and ensure GSK "myLearning" is up to date.
· To report, and where possible take action relating to client complaints or compliments.
· To report, and where possible take action relating to any incidences, near misses, accidents, fire, loss, theft, or other damage.
· To promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere at all times with Mitie colleagues and GSK client/customers.
· Draw to the attention of the Team Leader any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health and Safety Legislation.
· Attend training courses and meetings as necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
· To assist and be flexible by providing cover in other areas as requested by the Management and Team Leaders as required.
· To change work activities to meet changing business circumstances.
· Complete all reasonable Management requests relating to the workplace.
Specialist GMP requirements
Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness in designated areas, strictly observing SOP standards.
To complete prompt and accurate reports and/or log books, raising issues as soon as they arise.
Ensure regular checks of equipment and report all defects/faults immediately.
To ensure full compliance to GXP operating standards of cleaning, PPE, paperwork and conduct as applicable.
· Previous cleaning experience preferable.
· He/she will be a good team player, will have a flexible approach to the working environment and may be asked to provide cover in other areas when required.
Good English language proficiency to enable understanding of instructions, safety signs, SOPS, and Health and Safety related training.
At Mitie, you will be working for the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company. Looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. You will be part of a workforce with over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there is no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.