3 days ago
Company: FedEx Logistics EMEIA Job Title: GBC001:Ops Agent Job Requisition Number: RC418237 Primary Job Posting Location: Unit M, Central Park Estate, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1TT United Kingdom Category: Operations Time Type: Full Time Work Shift: Full Time 5 days (United Kingdom) Job Type: Regular Additional Locations: Unit 678, Feltham 1000, River Gardens Feltham, TW14 0RD United Kingdom Posting Date: 2021-09-15 Job Posting End Date: 2021-09-30 POSITION SUMMARY
- The primary responsibility of the Operations Agent is to arrange and coordinate the transportation of the shipments under his/her control, while ensure that the customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that the customer requirements are met, delivering an outstanding customer experience day in day out.
- Performs booking with carriers and Gateway according to internal guidelines as defined by Product
- Processes, handles and distributes all required documents in the transportation area
- Performs pickup / delivery arrangement
- Ensures customer requirements are met and takes corrective actions in case of deviations from customer requirements
- Ensures documents are completed and updated in a timely and efficient manner and according to regulations (from local and international authorities) and internal procedures
- Performs any other tasks & responsibilities required ensuring high business performance and delivering the customer an outstanding experience
- Work closely with Customer Service Team to identify new business opportunities and sales leads
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status and exceptions.
- Provides and follows up on spot quotations in a timely manner.
- Performs up- and cross-selling on inbound customer calls and passes on sales leads to Customer Service
- Handles customer inquiries.
- Owns customer complaints received directly and indirectly from customers (domestic and overseas) and collaborates with other functions to resolve them timely
- The role reports to the UK Operations & Customer Service Manager PRINCIPLE DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES Performs booking according to internal guidelines as defined by Product Creates and/or complements and confirms transport order to ensure pickup / delivery of the shipment at origin / destination Prepares, controls and distributes all required Export / Import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, vendor, etc.) complying with regulations and internal procedures, if needed Executes customs related activities (such as: clearing goods, issuance customs documentation) or provide instructions to internal functions and/or 3rd parties ensuring customs requirements are met Checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents Follows-up shipment status in the Export/Import area, identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents Maintains excellent relationships with vendors Is responsible for identifying performance issues of vendors and proposes solutions to
improve/correct performance and informs Operations Lead when it (will) affect(ed) the customer promise Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment Collaborates closely with Customer Service, Gateway, Pricing, Procurement, Finance Operations, Product, Shared Service Centers and other functions within or outside own country for smooth handling of shipments Escalates issues to Operations Lead, if required Respond to customer quotation requests promptly and ensure fully followed up, maximizing margin where possible JOB SPECIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE Academic: Middle level or equivalent Experience & knowledge: 1 - 3 years' experience in the Forwarding Industry with a proven track record in an operations role Good knowledge of forwarding business, FedEx Trade Networks products (preferable both Air Freight and Ocean Freight) and business systems Basic knowledge in Customs requirements and regulations Good knowledge of forwarding operational processes and systems Ability to pro-actively manage, handle and communicate any (potential) transportation related incidents Good communication, motivation and interpersonal skills Ability to work under pressure Professional telephone and E-mail skills Pro-active attitude QDM Apprentice certified (equivalent to yellow belt), as minimum requirement. Good knowledge in English and local language(s) (verbal/written) FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!