about 1 month ago
6 month fixed term contract £45,000 PA plus employer benefits must be able to travel between Gatwick and Heathrow and be based from either office
· To provide pragmatic HR advice, guidance and support to the business managers.
· To effectively manage ER caseloads in a proactive and commercial focused manner
· To build capability of the line managers through effective training and coaching in managing people
· Look at ways of adding value through MI reporting/development and training
· To build relationships with the wider Mitie HR community and key stakeholders internal and external
· To work alongside the business on TUPE, mobilisations and demobilisations
· To work alongside the business on large change programmes/restructuring Manage a broad and varied case load not limited to disciplinary, grievance, investigations, absence management, redundancy identifying high risks to the HRBP
· To ensure all cases are advised on and managed in line with the company policies and procedures in a timely manner
· Advise, coach and support the management teams to ensure HR best practice is developed and applied consistently to minimise risk and litigation and ensure compliance with legislation
· To be an instrumental part of all large-scale change programmes where restructuring is required
· To proactively keep Employment Law knowledge up to date as legislation changes
· Work as a trusted ER partner to the business supporting the delivery of the HR Plan, ensuring it is fully aligned to the Business, Divisional and Group HR Strategy
· Provide direction on all ER related matters, to the management teams
· Oversight of the rostering and payroll functions.
· Support any change initiatives in both a strategic and operational capacity, e.g. Reward and Recognition, restructuring and TUPE transfers.
· Improve and maintain MI ensuring data is accurate, systems and processes are in place to react to business needs
· Build and maintain effective relationships with other functions across and the business with other internal and external stakeholders, including equivalent Group functions
· Create and manage reporting to all stakeholders with regards to ER
· Promote relationships with key stakeholders and external parties (Trade Union, Clients)
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· To maintain and promote relationships with the wider HR colleagues and teams,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
· Work effectively in an ever-changing environment and able to manage diverse case load
· Strategic and analytical thinker with focus on commercial solutions
· Ability to take an innovative approach to business needs
· Experience in leading and managing change in complex and fast moving environments
· Ability to influence and persuade at all levels of the business with diplomacy
· Ability to objectively assess risks and take appropriate action
· Strong negotiation and communication skills, both oral and written
· Flexible and adaptable to change
ES-Hub, 2nd floor Harmondsworth,
Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.