about 8 hours ago
Mitie is currently recruiting an Approved Electrician to join Mitie Electrical Team at our Magnox Harwell Branch in Oxfordshire. The successful candidate would have the following job responsibilities,
Duties would be planned and reactive maintenance of various buildings in our client's portfolio. ie; Inspection and testing, emergency light testing, PAT Testing, RCD testing, installation of new equipment or replacement/repair of Lamps, Sockets etc.
Looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who will add value to an expanding business.
Able to work on their own initiative but will need to work well within a team environment, assisting other trades when required.
An ability to deal with clients and suppliers alike with good written and verbal communication skills required.
What we are looking for
To carry out duties with due regard to current good practice and in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
Previous experience with all types of access equipment would be advantageous.
Experience with commercial and industrial installations
Competent with testing and inspection with 2392 or equivalent.
Candidate must be fully conversant with latest wiring regulations and be competent with completing NICEIC Certificates; opportunity to be NICEIC Qualified Supervisor for company.
Company transport will be provided for work use.
Physical / Dexterity
Manual Handling ability
Assist with Minor building fabric repairs
· Carry out ad hoc general minor repairs as required
Contractor escort duties,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager
Ensure compliance with Mitie's and Magnox's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.,
Able to work in a demanding and busy area
Basic computer knowledge - desirable
Flexible/Adaptable in approach to work
Friendly and approachable manner
Pro active approach to work
· Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision
· Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery - attention to detail essential
· To be part of the on call rota
Diligent, professional and intuitive
Wiliness to work with Radiological controlled areas and wearing of appropriate RPE when required.
Able to become a monitored radiation worker, and to enter radiologically designated areas after medicals and relevant training.
A willingness to wearing of appropriate Radiological Protection Equipment and Electrical PPE as when required,
Previous maintenance experience working in a commercial environment
Be flexible & carry out duties which are not specific to your trade
Hold a full clean driving licence
Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices, all mandatory Safety training will be given, but specialist training such as IPAF and PASMA Certification (preferred)
Strong customer care focus.
Baseline security clearance would be advantageous.
Good Health and Safety awareness and knowledge
Full and Clean driving Licence
Able to work at heights
Smart in appearance
Able to process Administration tasks associated with the role
Committed, reliable and flexible
Abel to work as part of a Team and to work on their own
High levels of communication skills
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.