about 4 hours ago
To undertake routine PPM tasks in accordance to recognised standards
To undertake reactive repairs as required.
To undertake Electrical Installation work as required.
To undertake escort duties of Sub-contractors where required
To attend training to assist with contract requirements
To co-operate with other MITIE disciplines for the provision of multi-discipline services where required
Support weekly meeting room setups as required
Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours
To be part of a call-out rota after initial period (2 weeks in every 6)
Ensure all documentation is completed correctly for all tasks and reactive tasks are reported and recorded on to the CAFM sytem.
To undertake tasks as instructed by on site FM
To support Mitie team as required.
Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
Undertake regular inspections.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Note: This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
NVQ Level 2 diploma - or equivalent in electrotechnical subject.
Industry recognised Trade Qualification (Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC etc)
BS7671 18th edition qualification
Previous experience in the Engineering services sector
Willing to learn and develop new skills
Strong work ethic
Keen eye for detail
Good verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrates a pro-active approach
Ability to self manage multiple workloads
Fork lift licence (Desirable but not essential)
IPAF 3A & 3B (Desirable but not essential)
Basic mechanical knowledge (Desirable but not essential)
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.