about 1 month ago
External patrolling of the estate.
Managing the ingress and egress of booked parking and delivery vehicles to the estate at the loading bay entrance.
Ability to work well under pressure as part of your team during event days.
The full time Estate Security Officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming all colleagues, clients and customers.
As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the security team must be geographically aware of their local surroundings.
Must be able to man the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park if need be.
The security team are expected to spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
Reporting to the Security Manager - they must record, report and escalate all incidents to their line manager, as and when they occur.
Regular external patrolling of the estate is required.
Please note that all company provided uniform and PPE conforms to the H&SaW regulations for external workers., On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
A need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude is paramount.
Able to work on own initiative.
Corporate Security experience.
Flexible approach to work to suit the business needs.
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to go above and beyond to support the client and visitors
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
It is important that the Security Officer is able to remain calm under pressure.
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
SIA Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
SIA CCTV licence desirable.
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.