about 21 hours ago
Role Purpose: Dedicated Corporate-Commercial lawyer to support CBRE's Corporate Development team on M&A activity across its Advisory and GWS operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa ("EMEA"). This role will also provide legal and strategic advice to CBRE Advisory's regional and in-country senior and executive management, corporate and operational departments, and in-country counsel on a variety of commercial, corporate, and transactional matters across EMEA. The role is expected to be a 50:50 split between M&A and general commercial matters and plays a key part in developing and sustaining risk management initiatives across the region while furthering CBRE's acquisition goals. The candidate will report into the Head of EMEA Legal (Advisory) with a dotted line to the Head of M&A. This is a high visibility position requiring coordination across multiple business lines and continuous engagement with various levels of CBRE's personnel in the UK and across EMEA, including executive leadership and senior members of Corporate Legal, Commercial, HR, IT, and Compliance., Work with the Corporate Development team to appoint external local counsel, oversee, in coordination with our Corporate Legal team, all legal aspects of M&A deals in EMEA, from assisting with negotiation of NDAs, LOIs, legal due diligence and negotiation of transaction documents through to execution of the deal, integration and any post-closing restructuring.
- Draft and negotiate complex local, pan-European and global commercial contracts, master service agreements and framework agreements for all aspects of the business, including commercial agreements with high revenue banking and property investor clients.
- Draft and negotiate a broad spectrum of agreements and legal documents, including local and cross-border subcontracting and commission agreements, joint venture and affiliate agreements, and related service mark licensing agreements.
- Develop and deliver live and web-based training programs to legal and commercial colleagues on a range of legal and business risk issues.
- Support in the production of legal and cross-functional policies and procedures and create related memoranda and guidance documents on a variety of topics.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel and advisors across the region in relation to acquisitions, corporate transactions, and special multi-jurisdictional projects.
- Collaborate with functional teams to execute corporate transactions, including intergroup funding, re-organisation, and tax-driven restructuring.
- Provide ad hoc advice to, and collaborate with, legal, operational and commercial colleagues across EMEA with respect to all aspects of the business, internal operations, and multi-jurisdictional special projects.
Qualified Solicitor with 6-8 years PQE
- Corporate Transactional and M&A experience
- Experience working in a multi-national organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, proactively and co-operatively
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Willingness to work on tight timeframes at a fast pace, including accommodating different time zones on global transactions
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Professional and approachable whilst also being adaptable
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues
CBRE is the world's leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. The company's core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.