1 day ago
The primary focus of this role is to provide leadership, management, supervision (where appropriate) and guidance to the Shopping Centre Management and the Security Team , both of which are in operation 24/7. This is to create an industry-leading Centre of Excellence, underpinned company and client values
Main Duties of the Role
Responsibility for the initial and ongoing training and development of new starters, holding regular periodic meetings to ensure they are receiving the correct level of support and training whilst also ensuring they achieve the standards necessary.
Build a culture based around teamwork, effective communication, professionalism and etiquette within the Control Room team; this extends to radio/telephone communication and personal interaction
Ensure an effective response to evacuations and serious incidents is expedited, allocating specific roles and responsibilities as outlined in the AI.
Complete regular audits on key activities within the control room and present to the Security Operations Manager.
Ensuring correct staffing levels for day-to-day activity within the Control Room
You will ensure all systems and equipment are checked in line with procedure and the correct prompt action is taken to rectify any issues.
Identifying and utilising a broad range of information and intelligence sources to develop short, medium and long terms plans.
Provision of analytical capability and providing information and recommendations on emerging trends and intelligence to the wider team and stakeholders.
Maintain effective oversight of all incidents at The Shopping Centre to ensure they are effectively managed, logged and reviewed.
Manage the control room in line with the procedures and standards outlined within the AI.
Provide briefings on intelligence led crime prevention functions
Provide management support outside of core hours as and when required
Ensure that complete and updated Assignment Instructions and SOPs are being followed. Where these are not followed, ensure that corrective actions are raised.
Maintain the standards of the centre for access / egress and visitor regulation
Ensure all incidents (including safety-related) are promptly reported on the correct platform and quality assured.
Ensure the Daily Occurrence Record (DOR) is reviewed and quality assured daily and by shift.
Ensure standards of dress, safety and presentation are always maintained, On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Communication, A strong background having worked in control rooms for busy and complex sites is essential, along with a strong working knowledge of security and life-safety systems.
Proven experience in relevant software including GENETEC, etc.
Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills are a must.
Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Excellent report-writing and analytical skills with attention to detail.
A decisive and assertive decision maker who can interpret situations to proceed with a prioritised action plan that achieves the results required.
A positive attitude to dealing with people and taking on challenges.
A strong working knowledge of legislation in relation to the role, including but not limited to; the Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) Act, s3 Criminal Law Act 1967, Theft Act, Common Law, GDPR and Private Security Industry Act 2001.
A good practical knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, regulations and practice.
Demonstrate a solid understanding of dynamic risk assessments.
Demonstrate a solid understanding and operational use of security systems including but not limited to CCTV, access control, fire safety, incident management
Intermediate level of computer literacy, confident with Microsoft Office suite and able to use and / or quickly pick up the use of other software packages
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.