about 13 hours ago
To pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company's values of People, Passion, Fresh Thinking and Exciting Futures
Lead by example with regards to health and safety, compliance with statutory and contractual legislative requirements
To efficiently and cost effectively manage and develop the contract portfolios
To analyse current contracts and assess their ongoing contribution to the profitable operation of the region, controlling and minimising risk
To assist with contract renegotiations where necessary to ensure success and growth with the existing client base
To manage and develop a professional and effective operational team, ensuring objectives are set, monitored and achieved and that all employees are appraised and have a personal development plan
To carry out the day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability
Attend HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities
Develop a succession plan for all key roles within your team
To meet and/or exceed financial targets
To set, monitor, evaluate and recommend budgetary adjustments
To build positive and productive working relationships with all customers, delivering excellent customer service and seeking ways to continuously improve and exceed expectations
Ensure that all Scheduled and Reactive Visits and any KPI's are met for the portfolio
To support the development of new sales, ensuring continuous growth
To provide management information/reporting as required
To monitor and control supplier, sub-contractor and labour costs
To stay abreast of opportunities for developing the company in the grounds maintenance and landscaping market
To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
To understand and comply with policies and procedures
To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
To comply with all QHSE policies and procedures
To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
Control resources to achieve a quality service whilst keeping within budget
Ensure that all relevant contracts are delivered within budgeted gross margin and net profit levels
Actively manage overtime levels
Manage the purchase of materials within budget
Recruit, lead and develop team
Ensure all employees/team where appropriate Mitie uniform and PPE
Recruit, induct, train and oversee operational resource within budget
Ensure your teams are competent to carry out tasks.
Conduct appraisals, identify training and ensure the development of team members
Ensure employees follow company rules
Motivate and lead teams
Discipline employees where appropriate, following Company procedure
Organise work time and attendance to suit the needs of the contract.
Manager time effectively
Conduct yourself in the manner befitting your position as a manager within the Mitie Group
Access to and use of information to make effective decisions to achieve business objectives
Ensure that all health and safety records are maintained
Ensure that all clients files are up to date with all the relevant information pertaining to their contracts
Ensure that all personnel files contain all required information
Ensure sales and contract files are accurate and database maintained.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Experienced professional within the Horticultural/Landscaping Industry
Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and/or has relevant experience
Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment
Able to represent MITIE effectively at both internal and external meetings
Able to undertake budget setting and demonstrate appropriate financial management
Able to lead, motivate and manage a team effectively
Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal professional development
Leads by example in all role activities
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do., At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.