about 20 hours ago
· To support the London Engineering Lead with a lead focus on critical systems, processes and compliance across the Deloitte estate ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual requirements.
· The role is a 24/7 continental shift pattern.
· To manage the operational delivery of the shift team, including the people management of the team
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
· Ensure QHSE/Team briefings and Tool Box Talks are delivered to direct reports as required.
· Manage people - recruit, lead and develop the team
· Ensure appropriate inductions are carried out and development plans are in place.
· Apply the company's safety management system in line with MC(D)05.
· Advise site personnel about employment law, health and safety legislation/ regulations.
· Appraise performance of immediate team against agreed objectives.
· Implement training identified through appraisal.
· Enforce and monitor disciplinary and grievance practices in own branch in accordance with staff handbook and starter form.
· To be LV and HV approved.
· Responsible for producing detailed Shift log.
· Management of Grab packs.
· Management of shift team Mitie Compliance - i.e tool checks / PPE Checks. Return to work forms etc.
· To manage the training of your team - providing standard operation procedures and to manage Scenario training on critical plant.
· Manage and take control of any engineering incidents - producing detailed reports
· To take ownership for the operation of the buildings including PPM, Re-active works, remedial works and emergency response and to ensure work is completed by the shift team.
· To be first point of contact and to manage any workload presented to your team.
· Liaising with the helpdesk on a daily basis, you must ensure that your team meets all SLA targets on PPM (99.5%) and Re-Active (99.5%) SLA's on their hand held device.
· To manage holidays within the team to ensure cover is provided.
· To manage overtime within the team.
· To be responsible for ordering any parts required.
· To ensure work orders are raised for any PPMs completed as non-satisfactory.
· Accurate completion of Time Sheets and Work Record Sheet with weekly submissions to the admin team.
· To meet statutory compliance targets and adherence to all regulations within your area
· To achieve the highest level of service to the buildings occupants in a most cost effective, technically competent and safe manner.
· To coordinate and control sub-contractors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, health and safety, quality and environmental responsibilities, and with a pro-active approach to service delivery and problem solving.
· Carry out site inductions for all sub-contractors on site.
· Alert your Supervisor and Manager to any facilities related issues that may affect day-to-day business operations.
· Required to provide shift cover for holiday/sickness etc.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right., · Must hold a recognised Technical qualification.
· AP 15 qualification
· First Aid at Work
· 17th edition preferred
· Experience in a similar role within the building services sector preferred
· Preferable has served a recognised apprenticeship
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Organised and able to meet deadlines
· Must be self-motivated and be a team player
· Conversant with relevant legislation and compliance issues
· Proficient in Email and working knowledge of Excel and Word
· Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety
· Must be self-motivated and be a good motivator
· Should have a "Can Do" approach and portray a positive attitude
· Must always be smart and presentable
· Must have good customer service skills
Is capable of climbing a ladder, working on their knees and safely able to transit around plant rooms
1 New Street Square
Mitie was founded in 1987, and is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.