about 20 hours ago
As Communications Coordinator, you'll support the Forte Communications and Engagement Lead to draft and deliver communications which ensure our people feel informed, connected and empowered.
You'll bring fresh thinking on approach and channel utilisation, ensuring that we utilise our existing channels in the most effective and impactful way across our hard to reach audiences.
You will report to the Head of Communications and work closely with colleagues across the organisation. You will play an important role in implementing the Forte Communications plan, helping to ensure it supports the delivery of the strategic objectives.
You will have a range of responsibilities across the communications mix including digital communications, internal communications, customer and client facing communications and stakeholder engagement.
Work with the Forte Communications and Engagement Lead to support delivery of the Project Forte Communications plan.
· Take an active role in developing, coordinating and monitoring the digital communications to engage with key stakeholder groups, including SharePoint content, producing newsletters, yammer updates and project updates.
· Coordinate and create content for internal communications channels including the intranet, colleague newsletter and a range of events to inform and engage colleagues across the organisation.
· Co-ordinate the internal and external plans and ensure that they support delivery of the strategic objectives (plan meetings/logistics).
· Produce high quality, accessible communications material across multiple channels to reach different audiences, and edit content that has been produced by other colleagues.
· Ensure that all communications adhere to the corporate identity and style guide and advise colleagues on appropriate use.
· Work with the Forte Communications and Engagement Lead to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communications activities on a regular basis.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Note This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right., The Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
· Broad knowledge and understanding of communications activities.
· Passion to develop new, engaging campaigns alongside Forte Communications and Engagement Lead, in order to increase employee engagement and external market presence.
· Confident using web content management systems, newsletter software and social media management tools.
· Good understanding of social media channels and interest in developing multimedia content
· Experience of internal communications and colleague engagement
· Understanding of stakeholder engagement planning and engagement
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external agencies
· Ability to handle competing priorities and plan work effectively to meet tight deadlines
· Experience of using SharePoint and creative software packages including Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier video editing)
· Expert in Microsoft in particular PowerPoint
· The ability to develop and implement internal communication plans to support organisational priorities
· The ability to 'hit the ground running' with a number of projects
· A good working knowledge of digital and social media and intranet publishing.
· High IT literacy including experience of using word processing packages and databases
· Good communication & engagement skills (listening and verbal)
o Good time management skills
o Enthusiastic & positive
o Works well under pressure
Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave: o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie. o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie. o We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA. o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. o Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.